Navigator of the Seas aft cabins 7388 or 7382!!

jstpshe

Well it looks like 7388/7688 cabins are great because of balcony and 1388/1688 are great because of the room space. Boy if I could only put those two together.

Help! Anyone, which is the best over all. I do like the starboard side. so which cabin is best 7388 or 1388? I need to call RCCl back before someone takes 1388 if thats better.

Thanks once again.

Have a great day! CJ :) :)

I did my research and I decided on cabin 1388 for our upcoming cruise on the Mariner. The cabin is a real plus because of it's width and of course the aft balcony is great as well (not as big as 7388, but better view being on the 10th deck and also it has sun AND shade on that corner.

I don't think you can lose with either 1388 or 7388. I agree with the person who says they wish they could have a cabin that conbined the two.......

• 4 weeks later...

Hope no one minds me bumping this up with another Aft question.

We have 8390 booked on the Nav, and now I'm having second thoughts. I dont know if I will like the single open door as opposed to the sliding doors we've had before. Does it stay open? Is the balcony still a good size? Any input would be great!

Recently we were on the Navigator Aft Rooms. I have sailed many times and had hear the rave reviews about the aft cabins and figured we'd give it a try.

I was not impressed.

First of all, you can hear and see the workers swabbing the decks, cleaning, and doing repairs. It just reminded me of the social class distinction of the TITANIC and I sort of felt guilty watching them like a spectator sport while sipping my cocktails.

Second, I DID NOT LIKE THE ships FINS on the back of the ship obstruction my view. These fins definately block your view and make picture taking impossible.

Third, The noise, noise noise! The hum of the aft area of the ship is loud. The engines, propellers, rutter noise is very real. AT night the hum was constant and almost could lull you to sleep, if you like that white noise.

Fourth, being in the aft of the ship mean a VERY LONG WALK to get to the elevators or just about anywhere. Also, room cleaning was last . I felt literally tired after walking from the forward to my aft room. A good solid 10-15 minute walks in HEELS!! And with your luggage on departure.

Lastly, for all they hype about the size of the balcony, while is was quite large and could easily accomadate a group of 6 people, it was DARK in the day due to those FINS!!! no sun ever which definately will seal the deal for all future RCI cruises: I would never get another AFT cabing on RCI.

Just my four cents,

Elizabeth

Our deck was 7.

Our cabin was the famous 7688 corner balcony. partner suite 7388 on oposite corner

Oh sorry......should have guessed that by the title of this thread.

Anyway.........that is REALLY surprising. I have heard nothing but great things about that cabin and balcony. The only aft cabin better than the one you had is supposed to be 1388/1688 which we will have in July. I'm sorry you didnt enjoy your cabin. That can be a bummer!

We still had a great cruise as it was. But I just wanted to give a different opinion on the aft balconies. I know that we were definately in the minority when it comes to those cabins.

Next cruise is in February and we are going back to Carnival. I generally think that their suites are bigger overall, and since it is our 20 anniversary we are going for the penthouse suite!!!

Cant wait to take my afternoon nap on that Balcony!!

Elizabeth

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

We loved the cabin we booked 7388, (thought DH would'nt) very big and I found there was plenty of sunlight coming through.

We ended up booking that same room before we got off the ship for October 1, 2006.

We only seen one person below taking a break and that was it, but I figure it's no different than seeing the people standing at their balconys.

It is quite a walk to and from places but with all the food we eat it's a great way to get some exercise in.

Being in the aft you don't have to go far to dinner and getting off at the ports is easier.

So I would recommend the aft cabins!

Have a great day and keep smiling! CJ :) :)

• 9 months later...
We have a hold on 6388 on the Marniner and I can't thank you enough for all your aft photos. If you had a choice between a side cabin and 6388, what would you choose?

This is a really tough call for me. There are several factors against 6388 for me that may not be an issue for anyone else. Number one is that I prefer a larger cabin. We always book a D1 or JS, so 6388 or even 7388 have smaller cabins than we like. Then there is that darned superstructure to contend with. With 7388 you get the large porthole opening right at the edge of your balcony with a perfect unobstructed view so it sort of makes up for the superstructure but with 6388 your balcony doesn't extend all the way to this porthole, so while you can see out of it from a distance, you can't actually stand at the opening and get the full view. The next issue for me, which is a big one, is that the main reason I enjoy my aft balconies is my love of the wake. I just adore the beautiful colors of the water that are churned up in the wake and at night when the moon shines down the wake seems to sparkle like crystal. I don't think the view of the wake from 6388 is as nice as it is from higher up. You are looking out at the wake rather than down at it. But, if I could only choose between 6388 or a side cabin of the same category, I guess I would still choose 6388. But I would be on a waitlist for an aft cabin on a higher deck. Would it ruin my cruise if I didn't get a "better" cabin though? No way! I'd take 6388 in a heartbeat versus staying home! ;)

Thanks for the advice. Looking out at the snow, yeah, who cares about the railing. My husband wants to relax and look at the wake as well so we let 6388 lapse. We're now looking at voyageur (6358 or 6658) and explorer (9220) or Jewel (7162). I'd really appreciate your thoughts on any of the above ships. There are 3 of us and I want a balcony and a sofa bed for my daughter so there aren't very many cabins without pullmans left for the third week of march. We did Celebrity Millenium last summer so we've kind of got high expectations for food.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I'm offf to look for cabin photos.

• 1 month later...

I have booked this corner aft cabin and am wondering about it's balcony view and size. Can anyone tell me about this cabin? We couldn't book on other decks as we are going as a couple and RC will not allow for us to book into a triple or a quad. Any information on aft cabin 9390 on the explorer of the seas would be greatly appreciated. Mostly interested in the view range and the size. (we are hoping for two loungers to fit on this comfortably with a table.) Approx. sq. feet would be of great interest.

Please help as we were told they were plexi glass balconies, but from photos I have seen realize they are not....also had no idea about the intrusive infrastructure that looks like an eye sore, so am now worried about visual and from the step in design also worried about size too. Was really excited when I snagged an aft. but am now worried all was for nothing.

Would appreciate others input and or pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Tammy:confused:

Tammy,

Have you already looked at Bonnie Voyager's link from the first page of this thread? http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi

It has several photos of your cabin.

Thank you, for the link to those photos. Great pics. It looks like the view from 9390 is unobstructed and the size seems good too. I will be able to lie out on a lounger.........yay:D EXcited again!

Thanks again,

Tammy

Please help as we were told they were plexi glass balconies, but from photos I have seen realize they are not....also had no idea about the intrusive infrastructure that looks like an eye sore, so am now worried about visual and from the step in design also worried about size too. Was really excited when I snagged an aft. but am now worried all was for nothing.

Would appreciate others input and or pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Tammy:confused:

All balcony cabins have plexiglass walls overlooking the waters.

Only those on deck 6 are metal.

For a person not knowing about the infrastructure- it could be shocking to say the least. At least you are aware and know so it wont be that big of a deal-- youkinda get used to is as the week wears on.

Keep the curtains closed to the cabin during the day to keep it cool.

Side balconies will not have lounge chairs on it.. so for that reason grabbing an aft is a great move on your part.

All balcony cabins have plexiglass walls overlooking the waters.

Only those on deck 6 are metal.

For a person not knowing about the infrastructure- it could be shocking to say the least. At least you are aware and know so it wont be that big of a deal-- youkinda get used to is as the week wears on.

Keep the curtains closed to the cabin during the day to keep it cool.

Side balconies will not have lounge chairs on it.. so for that reason grabbing an aft is a great move on your part.

Was wondering if you have ever had this cabin, as I thought I read somewhere in this or another post that you have talked highly of this cabin. Can you tell me more about this cabin if you have information or have stayed in this cabin. Is the balcony all sun all day? Does any part of it have a cover? Is it large enough to comfortably sit 2 loungers and a table? Is the view pretty much unobstructed? and being on the side do you still have a complete view of the wake????

This is my first aft. and I have so many questions. What cabins do you recommend on the Explorerer and do you know of any way to book into a 3 or quad when there are only 2 people. I like the idea of the room on the 10th for the privacy and part sun part shade. Also, have heard lots about 7388. What view do they have? I like the idea of a big balcony fully covered as my husband is very pale as am I, but him more so and he whines when he gets a burn. Cruise is 12 days and he will probably get enough sun with all the ports we will visit. Please comment on cabin 9390 and please give advice if you know what cabin would be best. Also, if this means a different cabin please give us ideas or tips on how to be able to book rooms that are alotted for more than two people.

Thanks in advance.

Tammy

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Bonnie,

Loved reading your great info. What a find you are! We are booked on the neiuw amsterdam for venice/barcelona oct. 6, 2010. I know this is a new ship. Do you have any experience sailing aft on HAL We have booked on rotterdam deck cat. VA. any thoughts would be appreciated.

RJ

Hi Bonnie,

Loved reading your great info. What a find you are! We are booked on the neiuw amsterdam for venice/barcelona oct. 6, 2010. I know this is a new ship. Do you have any experience sailing aft on HAL We have booked on rotterdam deck cat. VA. any thoughts would be appreciated.

RJ

Hello RJ! Thank you for your kind words. I am afraid I am not quite as familiar with HAL's aft cabins. I did look at the deck plans of Nieuw Amsterdam though and I would say you should certainly be well situated in your aft cabin on Rotterdam Deck! While I'm not sure that those balconies will be any larger than a side balcony, it will be large enough and your view will be KILLER! :D You are nicely sandwiched between passenger decks too, so noise should be of no concern either. What an awesome trip to look forward to! You are going to LOVE the view as you sail away from every port!

• 3 weeks later...

I've been reading and reading :eek: these posts and seen every possible photo (I think) for this cabin on the Navigator...I'm not sure I'm clear yet as to what the room inside looks like :confused:. Lots of Balcony shots, but not one of the inside of the room. We booked this cruise a couple of days before Christmas on the Navigator and both 7388 and 7688 were (and as of this date still) available. It's myself, DH and my 12 yr old daughter. Is there a pullman because of the smaller size even though it's classed as an E1 room or does the small sofa open up into a twin? Is this the photo of the room???

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/1066024941036355651BaGsZW

I'm happy to have lucked out with this cabin after all the helpful posts. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

I've been reading and reading :eek: these posts and seen every possible photo (I think) for this cabin on the Navigator...I'm not sure I'm clear yet as to what the room inside looks like :confused:. Lots of Balcony shots, but not one of the inside of the room. We booked this cruise a couple of days before Christmas on the Navigator and both 7388 and 7688 were (and as of this date still) available. It's myself, DH and my 12 yr old daughter. Is there a pullman because of the smaller size even though it's classed as an E1 room or does the small sofa open up into a twin? Is this the photo of the room???

I'm happy to have lucked out with this cabin after all the helpful posts. Hope I didn't make a mistake.

Yes, that is a photo of a cabin that would be representative of 7688. 7388 would be identical except it would be the mirror image. The cabin is sort of small for three people, in my opinion, but the balcony will double your space! :D

Hopefully your daughter won't need to get up in the middle of the night! Getting off that pullman in the dark could be tricky! :eek:;) We've had friends in that cabin with their 14-year-old daughter and they made out just fine!

I have stayed in 7388 and it spoiled me when it comes to the balcony

but yes it might be tight with 3 in the room as it would any E1 as far as I know.

Archived