1.5 Liter Wine at Barcelona Cruise Terminal?

What a trifling question, I know, but having decided not to pack our accustomed "late night balcony wine" in our luggage and feel like smugglers (in addition to feeling like a cheapskate), I'm hoping to make up for at least some of the loss by finding a couple of the 1.5 liter size bottles of wine at the Barcelona cruise terminal to carry on the ship with us - as permitted by our cruise line. Can anyone set mind mind at ease by telling me they sell the larger bottles in one of the wine/spirits shops? Thank you.

I am referring, of course, to the Moll D'Adossat Pier Terminal - - and please excuse my typo in my original post. Here is a correction:

What a trifling question, I know, but having decided not to pack our accustomed "late night balcony wine" in our luggage and feel like smugglers (besides feeling like a cheapskate), I'm hoping to make up for at least some of the loss by finding a couple of the 1.5 liter size bottles of wine at the Barcelona cruise terminal to carry on the ship with us - as permitted by our cruise line. Can anyone set my mind at ease by telling me they sell the larger bottles in one of the wine/spirits shops? Thank you.

I am sure there are wine shops in the city of Barcelona that have what you seek. I don't think there are shops right AT the terminal. Is there a reason you couldn't buy before you reach the terminal??

There is a wine shop in Moll Adossat. I don't remember if they got large bottles or not. Just keep in mind that more likely cruise line will charge corkage fee ($15 @ NCL) for legally declared wine.

We pack 2 x 1.5 litre BOXES of wine. Works beautifully and no breakage/ leakage.

Do you pack these in your checked luggage on your flight over, and/or pack them in there just before boarding the ship? If the latter, do you know if you can buy boxed wine at either the Barcelona airport or the Moll D'Adossat cruise terminal? (Our itinerary - flight arrival/transfer to ship - doesn't permit our roaming around town to find what we want.)

Do you pack these in your checked luggage on your flight over, and/or pack them in there just before boarding the ship? If the latter, do you know if you can buy boxed wine at either the Barcelona airport or the Moll D'Adossat cruise terminal? (Our itinerary - flight arrival/transfer to ship - doesn't permit our roaming around town to find what we want.)

We just carry ours on - just pack a light bag to carry it. You may be checking your bags before you can purchase your wine.

Or, you can always get off the ship once you have checked in and pick up some wine if need be (and assuming you have time) :)

Good to know that there's a wine shop right there.

I wonder how prices compare to the shops in the rest of the city?

Wine is a bit cheaper in the city - even in the Supermarket on Las Ramblas. some nice ones were there too :D

We just carry ours on - just pack a light bag to carry it. You may be checking your bags before you can purchase your wine.

Or, you can always get off the ship once you have checked in and pick up some wine if need be (and assuming you have time) :)

...Which gives me an idea, with the concept of "quantity" in mind. Anyone ever try to take two bottles of wine on when they board - - then leave the ship and come back with two more? - - trusting that no one will remember. I know I sound like pretty foolish with these plots - - but we're not winos - - just trying to complete our picture of a nice, relaxing cruise - - that includes an occasional glass of wine on our veranda.

...Which gives me an idea, with the concept of "quantity" in mind. Anyone ever try to take two bottles of wine on when they board - - then leave the ship and come back with two more? - - trusting that no one will remember. I know I sound like pretty foolish with these plots - - but we're not winos - - just trying to complete our picture of a nice, relaxing cruise - - that includes an occasional glass of wine on our veranda.

You are sailing on HAL, right :D:D You can bring as much as you want on board - or if you want to make a trip you can go back and get more :)

And you can bring it on board at every port too.

On HAL you can bring all the water, soda and wine you like (no other alcohol though) :)

You are sailing on HAL, right :D:D You can bring as much as you want on board - or if you want to make a trip you can go back and get more :)

And you can bring it on board at every port too.

On HAL you can bring all the water, soda and wine you like (no other alcohol though) :)

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on one's interests) we're on Celebrity, where the restriction is two "bottles" - one per person - upon embarkation only. So we're trying to deal with what is a new and surprisingly regulatory set of circumstances for us. "Regulatory" at least according to official policy.

We normally just pack ours in our checked luggage.

I'm not sure if they have boxed wine at the outlets at the airport/ cruise terminal. Don't sweat it and just pick up something! :D

Archived