Equinox 11 day East. Med - menus??

I would like to make some reservations in the specialty restaurants but like everyone, I do not want to miss anything in the MDR. Does anyone have the menus for this cruise or have a suggestion which night(s) to eat in the specialty restaurants?

Personally I think eating in the specialty restaurants any night is the way to go. They all give you the change up from the MDR you probably are looking for and the food is better any night. I base specialties on the port schedule and we just like to spread them out over the 10 or 12 days.

The formal nights in the dining room are a bit more elegant, however we find the menu not to be a deciding factor even on those nights.

Take a look at this site which shows menus and photos of the meals on Equinox in 2009. I doubt that they have changed too much.

We cruised the Med on Equinox in 2010 and the meals and service in the MDR exceeded our expectations by far. Why would anyone bother with the specialty restaurants?

Check this out

http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Equinox-Nov-2009/Menus/10421670_UGhEz

Mouth watering stuff

There have been some changes to the menus since 2009. Plus the older menus won't show what will be served from specific night to night on each itinerary. The menus WILL however give you a good example of many of the food choices that you will be seeing. We enjoy the choices in the MDR. But couldn't tell you what YOU would like and which exact night it will be offered. If you don't "want to miss anything in the MDR", skip the specialties.;)

Have a great time. We love the Equinox.

In my opinion the two menu option, one remaining constant and the second changing every day, was by far the best we have experienced on any of our cruises. We tried the Tuscan Grill on Connie and although it was good it did not match up the MDR menues.

There are so many varribles in trying to please everybody all of the time but Celebrity do provide more options than most. There is of course the small percentage of cruisers who spend most of their cruise complaining because they like too or just want as many freebies or upgrades they can get.

We have booked our second cruise with Celebrity in July purely on their ability to provide a quality experience at a reasonable price.

I would like to make some reservations in the specialty restaurants but like everyone, I do not want to miss anything in the MDR. Does anyone have the menus for this cruise or have a suggestion which night(s) to eat in the specialty restaurants?

We were on the Equinox in April. We went Aqua Class and ate every night in Blu which is exclusive to Aqua Class. We never made it to the MDR as the food etc was just way too good in Blu. You don't need seating times ..... anytime you want to go you can! We did eat one night in one of the specialty dining rooms and it too was awesome!!!

On the same sailing Valley Girl, can't wait and counting down the day's. i'm sure all the food will be great after the reviews i have read on here. We are going for speciality dining on the first night out of Rome to avoid that rush in the MDR.

We were on the Equinox in April. We went Aqua Class and ate every night in Blu which is exclusive to Aqua Class. We never made it to the MDR as the food etc was just way too good in Blu. You don't need seating times ..... anytime you want to go you can! We did eat one night in one of the specialty dining rooms and it too was awesome!!!

OP is asking about Main Dining Room (MDR) menus. Blu doesn't come into play for her. :confused:

We have booked our second cruise with Celebrity in July purely on their ability to provide a quality experience at a reasonable price.

I, as well as most Celebrity cruisers agree with your description here. Have a great time on your next cruise!

Take a look at this site which shows menus and photos of the meals on Equinox in 2009. I doubt that they have changed too much.

We cruised the Med on Equinox in 2010 and the meals and service in the MDR exceeded our expectations by far. Why would anyone bother with the specialty restaurants?

Check this out

http://sailing.smugmug.com/Celebrity-Equinox-Nov-2009/Menus/10421670_UGhEz

Mouth watering stuff

There have been some changes to the menus since 2009. Plus the older menus won't show what will be served from specific night to night on each itinerary. The menus WILL however give you a good example of many of the food choices that you will be seeing.

While it's true that these menus won't tell you what night they'll appear on your particular itinerary, I've found that they're still more than accurate. All of them appeared on our November 2010 cruise. Additionally, the last major menu change came in mid-2009 when the Jacques van Staden menus were introduced, and these are those JVS menus. Aside from the deletion or addition of a dish here and there, there haven't been any notable changes since then.

OP, this link should help a little more - it's a list of the 14 menus on Celebrity: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1247134

They usually go in order, so you can probably expect to see the first 11 menus on your cruise. Hope that helps!

Thanks Infi for your help in the menus. I appreciate you taking the time to post the link.

You're welcome, Valley girl. I've found that link very helpful in planning for specialty restaurant nights myself - many thanks to the poster who compiled those 14 menus for us!

I have one question; Did you try the "No Sugar Added Blue Mountain Coffee Creme Brulee? If you did was it any good?:)

Thanks

Archived