"LIVE" From the FREEDOM of the SEAS, 8-15 May 2011 (Eastern)

Trainman, thanks for sharing your week with us! I am on the Freedom June 5th with 13 other family members. A few of us have been following your posts. Are you going to be posting copies of your cruise compasses? I thought I remember you posting a comment on it earlier. Thanks again!

I think I am on the same cruise as you...June 5th. I am also an RN.

HAHAHA!!! love your sense of humor Bob 123. I think we are going to be on the same cruise in June...look forward to meeting you at the M&M!!! :cool:

Trainman...loving your updates...my DH, who doesnt read CC, asked me a just now..What did Trainman have for dinner tonite??? You are a rock star!!!!

When Captain Tor said he would be off again today for 3 weeks, does that mean Captain Rob is coming back? We hope that he is recovered and doing well. We have sailed with him twice on Grandeur and think he is the best Captain we've had so far on RCCL.

I had a rotation date of June 5 figured out. Then Capt Rob had his turn to see how medvacs went. My source says Capt Rob is back onboard, until the June 5 rotation date, when Capt Tor will be back.

Trainman - I was on this cruise with you. Didn't get to "meet" you as I missed the M&M, but we did speak briefly on deck 12 when you asked me about my electronic reader...I say buy one since you're both readers. Great for traveling.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your dining service. We did MTD. The first night was not so good. We switched the next night and boy did we luck out. We had the best service from both the waiter and assistant waiter. Digianne, the AW, was around at least 4-5 times during the meal with rolls & bread. Yemilha (sp?) brought us cheese & fruit plates every night while we waited for apps, would bring us an extra plate or two of something we didn't order so we could try it. After overhearing me remark that I was going to note on my comment card how disappointed I was that they no longer have Blue Cheese Tortelloni on the menu, he brought one of the executive sous chef's to the table. I had my pasta every night for the last three nights. Wonderful!

Trainman,

I know it depends on the Captain and how congested a port is but on your particular sailing was it better to be port or starboard side of the ship for port views?

It was great following your reports all week. I loved your pictures. Thanks !!

On our trip, the Starboard side was best for portviews.

Not only that it was shady on our balcony most of the time!

I finally finished reading your live thread! I was on the cruise with you, and it was like reliving it when I read the posts :). It was so awesome and great to meet you guys (and the other CCers too). I'll probably start writing a review myself soon in my blog.

I'm glad you guys got to get off the ship in St. Maarten... but you're so right, the ship itself is a destination in it's own. Those animated artworks near the elevator that you posted, I totally missed out on those! I honestly feel like I need to go back on the Freedom to catch everything I missed on my cruise last week.

Glad you guys got home safely!

Trainman .. at the Meet & Mingle (we briefly talked there), you mentioned a great way to get more C&A rewards by booking on the Monach of the Seas .. a 3 night and 4 night, back to back, in a junior suite. Can you email me the detailed information so we can look into that please? In looking at the RCCL website I'm not sure what exactly I'm looking for and didn't want to call them without getting the info from you first. Certainly appreciate your help and look forward to crossing paths on another cruise! Rosemarie (rdginto@bellsouth.net)

Hi Kema1005,

With the new point system RCI has instituted I don't think you will gain much, possibly you might save a few dollars. You will get 14 points if you book a junior suite on the 3 & 4 day, the same as if you took a 7 day in a junior suite.

Cheers,

I Agree!

The key point is that you get double points for being in a Junior Suite.

Call the RCI C&A Desk and ask for the "Consecutive Cruise" Desk. They are specially equipped to find B2B (Consecutive) cruises in the same cabin.

You can change cabins but you have to go througe the hassle of moving although your Cabin Steward will assist you.

Your primary consideration should be the cost!

Compare a B2B 3/4 night with 7 night cruises.

The double credit comes from the Junior Suite!

Look at Port Canaveral, Tampa, Fort Lauderdale, and Miami and find the best deal.

I saw a compass that has the muster drill at 4 but the ship leaves at 4. Does the ship really leave later or do you not have enough time to see the ship begin to pull away after mustering??

I saw a compass that has the muster drill at 4 but the ship leaves at 4. Does the ship really leave later or do you not have enough time to see the ship begin to pull away after mustering??

I was on this cruise with Trainman also. The muster was at 4:00pm and the ship sailed at 4:30pm.

Trainman, although we didn't actually meet, I see you got a picture of me at the pre M&M at the Sky Bar.:) I just read through all your posts and it was fun reliving the cruise. Thank you!

Hello Again Everyone

Sorry for the delay but Judith and I have been busy since we got home. More on that later...

I have no clue where the Day 1 compass went but here are the rest of them.

CompassDay2-1.jpg

CompassDay2-2.jpg

CompassDay3-1.jpg

CompassDay3-2.jpg

CompassDay4.jpg

CompassDay4-2.jpg

Archived