Pool Question

I know that some ships have adults only pools. Are there any that have kids only pools or a designated time for kids only? Is there one by Camp Carnival? I read somewhere about pool parties that they host?

Also, for anyone who has been on the Fantasy class ships... is the Water Works always open and is there a pool by them? The pictures I look at show what looks like a shallow bed to trap water from the slides... but not really a pool.

And last... I think I read on the Carnival website that floations were not allowed in pools other than water wings... Is that arm floats? Just curious. My children can swim but I will be taking life jackets for them to use at the beaches. When at the lake or ocean, I just feel safer knowing they have them on.

Yes there are small kids pools on some ships - and they all have a bit of shallow area around the edge of the pool.

Never been on a ship with Waterworks, sorry can't help there.

Arm floaties only to my knowledge...

I know that some ships have adults only pools. Are there any that have kids only pools or a designated time for kids only? (Not on any ships that I've been on) Is there one by Camp Carnival? I read somewhere about pool parties that they host?

Also, for anyone who has been on the Fantasy class ships... is the Water Works always open and is there a pool by them? The pictures I look at show what looks like a shallow bed to trap water from the slides... but not really a pool. They are not always open and not by the pool. It's just a slide that has water running on it.

Have a great cruise!

I dont know of one single kids only pool. The above poster claims there is... but doesnt say which ship.

Waterworks is all ages, and it comes into a area with water, not a pool. Fantasy class ships with waterworks only have one pool, so its for everyone and its very tiny, like all Carnival pools.

My answer is no there are no kids only pools on Carnival (yes on RCL).

The Conquest Class ships have a very small circular pool for the kids at Camp Carnival on the Sun Deck, port side. I'm not sure of the hours of operation or if it's available outside of Camp Carnival.

Also, the Conquest Class ships and the Splendor have a small pool on the Panorama Deck. It's seldom used and looks like it would be an ideal spot for the kids. Here's a picture of the one on the Splendor... it's called the Thunderball Pool...

IMG_2567.jpg

Hope this helps...

:)

On the Fantasy class ships, I think that they may have taken the kids pool out when they redesigned them with Waterworks and the Serenity areas. This pool was really a "baby" pool with about a 12" depth. There was still a "baby" pool on the Legend, but that is a different class of ship.

The Camp Carnival pool parties happen at the regular pool.

There is no disignated kid only time at the pools.

You can't use noodles, kick boards, or inflatable lounges at the pool, but arm floaties are OK. There just wouldn't be room if everyone used them as the pools are fairly small. Really, they are just for dipping and cooling off and not really for swimming, although, I did see an adult trying to do laps one day when it wasn't crowded. I was sort of funny to watch - two strokes, turn, two strokes, turn and repeat!I don't know about the life vest. The pool average about 4 1/2 feet deep.

Archived