couple of questions.....

jchristie

hey all - I have a few questions to ask for last minute details....

1. would packing travel size of everything be better or big bottles of shampoo/conditioner/shower gel to share be better?

2. the mother/daughter spa- would I be able to do this with my daughter age 10?

3. would it be to much to have a 12 pack of water or coke per pax when we have 5 of us total?

I know these may sound silly, but I was just wondering and trying to figure out the easiest and space effective ways to pack and do activities.... thanks all!

I bring smaller sizes of bottles. My apricot scrub, I take out part of it and take half empty containers of stuff if I dont have travel bottles.

You have shower gel and shampoo dispensers in the shower, the gel is probably ok, so I dont pack that.

I bring a 2 liter of coke and thats more than enough, but if you are big drinkers and need more soda, pick up another in a port. .. or throw a few cans in your carry on.

5 12 packs of soda to carry on to me sounds like a lot but Im not a big soda drinker.

I was under the impression that the beverage carry-on was individual serving sizes (cans, 20oz bottles, etc.). Is this not the case? Would one 2-litre bottle = 12 "individual servings" and be allowed? :confused:

I don't think they are that fussy with soft drinks - more concerned about alcohol smuggling and overdoing the 'wine' allotment! We brought some cans onboard but picked up a 2 litre bottle of Dr. Pepper in Key West to bring onboard - no problems!

As for the 'shampoo'toiletries question - what I do is use my regular stuff at home and then put the 'bottle' away when about 1/3-1/4 left - or enuf for a cruise. Then I just chuck the bottle on the ship when I'm done - which frees up some weight/space for the trip home!

Depends on if cruiser is flying or driving. I do travel sizes.

The mother-daughter spa should be fine with a 10 year old. SHe should love it!

Soda - depends on if it is something unusual that they don't pack on the ship. Some people are strict about brands. You might want to pack one of those metal wheeled things people used to use for suitcases in airports. With a bungee strap, soda would be easy to carry.

Not sure if you will be able to do a mother/daughter spa ~~

Minimum Age

Guests must be at least 18 years of age to reserve spa treatments online and to receive treatments or utilize spa facilities. Reservations made by underage guests are subject to cancellation. Once you are onboard the ship, you will have the opportunity to book a treatment from our YSPA menu for teens, a selection of services for guests between the ages of 13-17, or simply ask the Spa Manager about other treatment options for younger guests. Salon services are available to guests of all ages. Fitness facilities are available to minor guests when accompanied by an adult. Please see restrictions posted outside the Fitness Center

• 2 weeks later...

Archived