Theme nights?

melli_fera

Wondering if there are any fleet-wide or ship-specific theme nights. I'd be "into" that sort of thing, if I know ahead of time.

I've also heard about red white and blue contests??

I'm sailing Dream in August and want to be prepared.

TIA!

• 1 month later...

Did you find anything else out about this?

Wondering if there are any fleet-wide or ship-specific theme nights. I'd be "into" that sort of thing, if I know ahead of time.

TIA!

One night will be a mexican deck party- other then that-- there are no themes.

In my bunch of cruises we never seen a theme night.

In the past 3 cruises we did not see the color wars--(thank God)

Way way back in the day, the dinners were "themed." Not so much via menu items, but by the waiters uniforms and their nightly song. That disappeared probably 15-20 years ago, maybe longer.

These days they will have a Mexican Deck Party one night.

"Color wars" is an annoying distraction that needs to be permanently banned from any ship.

Call me cheesy but I LOVE theme nights! Packing with them in mind can be difficult when you don't know what to expect. From what I can remember, I've been through 2 Mardi Gras theme nights and an 80s night (in fact, shortly after Michael Jackson's death they had a TON of MJ-themed activities from a Thriller dance tutorial to an MJ dance contest). Bringing red, white and blue is always a safe bet for color wars! I try my best to bring "fun" things - strings of beads and wacky accessories.

I had no idea about 80s night beforehand. I just wore one of my "party" dresses, threw my hair up in a side pony, threw on some bright lip stick, added tons of beads and voila.....

sidepony.jpg

In short - bring some fun stuff, be creative and you'll be set for theme night :)

TIA!

TIA!

CARNIVAL COLORS (Dream)

Taking the FUN to a new level. The Ultimate Team Challenge! Are you ready to play? Red Team: All cabins on Deck 1 & 2.

White Team: All cabins on Deck 6 & 7. Blue Team: All cabins on Decks 8, 9,10 ,11, & 12. Throughout the cruise take part in as

many fun activities as you can and win points for your team Color! Let the games begin!

I read that you need to wear some sort of 'team' colored outfit for deck party .. I'd go real outrageous, LOL

Also, on Dream they play

THE CARNIVAL QUEST (“R” RATED)

Do not miss our legendary “Adult Oriented Scavenger Hunt” You will need to bring a bag full of stuff to participate

From what I have read this is a hoot ... pack bra you never want to wear again :eek:and pack some god awful lipstick you will not want back:eek:, LOL

Enjoy and Have Fun

Archived