$0.99 calling from stateroom???

ilovetexas

I was looking at a FunTimes from the Legend in March and each day states $0.99 per minute domestic and international calls from stateroom phone.

Is this right? Is there some crazy additional fee? I can't imagine that it is that cheap. Does anyone have any recent experience with this? Is it just while at sea?

Thanks,

That does sound really cheap! I've never used the phone to make a ship to shore call before, so I'm not sure...my cell phone tends to work at each port (if I need it for an emergency call) but I've never actually used my cell to call...those calls are expensive too! Unless you are in the US Virgin Islands...I don't think I got charged anything extra there...but I digress...I know your question was about the phone in the room.

I hope someone knows more about this. We sail on the 9th of May and have been trying to figure out calling home to check on others. I know we can text on our cell phones but would love to know how much to call ship to shore.

They did some test marking, maybe 6 months ago or less. I havent seen it on my ships lately.

Back to full price on my last couple cruises.

Yes, they had done a couple of promotions - I saw one at 99 cents and another at 2.99. I guess the test didn't prove to be more profitable than the current expensive pricing.

I hope someone knows more about this. We sail on the 9th of May and have been trying to figure out calling home to check on others. I know we can text on our cell phones but would love to know how much to call ship to shore.

I just got off the phone with my PVP. He said that they might have had a special rate for that cruise only. I've looked through several Fun Times for other ships and other sailings and they are all different. :(

Hey, maybe we will be pleasantly surprised and they'll be doing it again when we get on board! :)

That was a promotion that's now over... Some ships had $.99, some had $1.99 and some had $2.99... the rest had the standard $6.99...

:)

Darn, my timing sucks! :D

Sorry I got everyone's hopes up!

That was a promotion that's now over... Some ships had $.99, some had $1.99 and some had $2.99... the rest had the standard $6.99...

:)

As of last week, the Paradise was still running the $0.99 rate from the cabin.

DSCF0301.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Archived