Cafe Promenade menu?

Question from my son: Do they still have turkey (or turkey and cheese) sandwiches / subs at cafe Promenade on Freedom? How often can we expect them to be available? Also, are there donuts? Thanks!

My husband loves the donuts on the ship ( its the little things we look forward to lol). We were both very disappointed that our last sailing never had them. Neither in the WJ or CP.

Question from my son: Do they still have turkey (or turkey and cheese) sandwiches / subs at cafe Promenade on Freedom? How often can we expect them to be available? Also, are there donuts? Thanks!

They have a variety of small sandwiches at Cafe Promenade, including turkey. They change the type of sandwich periodically, so there may be times when turkey is not available. However, some type of sandwich is available almost 24 hours.

They offer free coffee, tea and water. I think they have free iced tea but don't quote me on that. They have free cookies, small desserts, pizza and mini mini croissant sandwiches. The sandwiches vary and sometimes they are egg salad, tuna salad, ham and cheese, cheese and turkey, etc. You get the picture. There is also the Seattle Best counter where they sell mochas, cappuchinos, lates, etc. and the Ben and Jerry counter where you can buy ice cream delights. Also there is a soda counter where you can buy soda or if you have the soda card get a soda or refill there.

In the morning they also serve a variety of pastries (danish, muffins, etc) and fruit. I think they always had a few bowls of whole fruits out as well - I know we picked up oranges and bananas from there and kept them in the cabin and one day they had whole kiwi fruits (I remember that very specifically because my mother is allergic to kiwi and I was glad to see that they were whole, unpeeled, in the bowl so I didn't have to worry about cross contamination with them being cut in the kitchen).

We also enjoyed roast beef sandwiches there (I think I saw them 2 days out of 9).

Edited by meatloafsfan

• 2 years later...
They have a variety of small sandwiches at Cafe Promenade, including turkey. They change the type of sandwich periodically, so there may be times when turkey is not available. However, some type of sandwich is available almost 24 hours.

Well let's get some updated information here about the Café Promenade! Please somebody tell me what Adventure of the Seas has at their Café and is everything included in the cruise fare or are there some items that would need to be purchased.

Off the subject, what deck is the Helicopter Pad on and can anybody go on that deck?

Curious and Excited- - -:cool::p

Well let's get some updated information here about the Café Promenade! Please somebody tell me what Adventure of the Seas has at their Café and is everything included in the cruise fare or are there some items that would need to be purchased.

Off the subject, what deck is the Helicopter Pad on and can anybody go on that deck?

Curious and Excited- - -:cool::p

Apart from the specialty coffee or B&J ice-cream. Sandwiches, desserts, pizza etc are all inclusive in Cafe Promenade.

Anybody can go to the helipad, it is located on deck 5. To get to the helipad you can go outside on deck 4 and walk forward then up a few steps to helipad or at deck 5 forward lounge (Imperial Lounge), there is a set of doors at the rear of the lounge starboard side. Go out these doors to the outside and walk forward will get you to the helipad too.

Shrimp hoagie

Ham and Swiss

Turkey and bacon

Chicken salad

These were ones I remember from last week.

Honestly they weren't impressive.

The desserts:

Led Zeppelonis (similar to cake donut hole)

Cheesecake lollipop

Chocolate eclairs

Jello cups with fruit

Cookies

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

In our recent experience, the Café Promenade no longer has a rotating menu--the sandwiches and desserts stay the same throughout the entire cruise, or possibly there are minor substitutions. This has been on Explorer and Vision in the last two years sailing in the Caribbean.

Has anyone still seen Café Promenade changing the menu items throughout the cruise on other ships?

Are cookies out of fashion? On our last 2 cruises the have been hardly any in Cafe Promenade

Last week they had two varieties in promenade at all times. Both kept in plastic jars. Sugar free chocolate chip at all times and then either Oatmeal raisin or some coconut one. I was pretty disappointed in the lack of selection. I remember there being more of a variety on our honeymoon. The WJ does have 3 or 4 at a time though at night

Sent from my iPhone using Forums