Cafe Promenade menu?

We will be on the Explorer and I was wondering if anyone had a menu for Cafe Promenade? what types of drinks do they offer there?

I know it is free and it is open 24 hrs! :D

Thanks,

Loralie

They offer free coffee, tea and water. I think they have free iced tea but don't quote me on that. They have free cookies, small desserts, pizza and mini mini croissant sandwiches. The sandwiches vary and sometimes they are egg salad, tuna salad, ham and cheese, cheese and turkey, etc. You get the picture. There is also the Seattle Best counter where they sell mochas, cappuchinos, lates, etc. and the Ben and Jerry counter where you can buy ice cream delights. Also there is a soda counter where you can buy soda or if you have the soda card get a soda or refill there.

They offer free coffee, tea and water. I think they have free iced tea but don't quote me on that. They have free cookies, small desserts, pizza and mini mini croissant sandwiches. The sandwiches vary and sometimes they are egg salad, tuna salad, ham and cheese, cheese and turkey, etc. You get the picture. There is also the Seattle Best counter where they sell mochas, cappuchinos, lates, etc. and the Ben and Jerry counter where you can buy ice cream delights. Also there is a soda counter where you can buy soda or if you have the soda card get a soda or refill there.

You'll probably get 20 more responses, but none better than this:)

I have never seen iced tea in the Café Promenade.

The sandwiches are a little nicer - they aren't on Wonder Bread, but croissants, as patseacruiser wrote, or brioche or other nice rolls.

I often see brie or prosciutto and such - these are NICE sandwiches.

Tip: Take some cookies up to your cabin for a midnight snack.

:)

I have never seen iced tea in the Café Promenade.

The sandwiches are a little nicer - they aren't on Wonder Bread, but croissants, as patseacruiser wrote, or brioche or other nice rolls.

I often see brie or prosciutto and such - these are NICE sandwiches.

Tip: Take some cookies up to your cabin for a midnight snack.

My first two cruises on Voyager had iced tea in the cafe .. but this last one on Liberty they quit. (just tepid water)

My complaint with the iced tea was there was no ice .. it wasnt cold. I wanted ICE ... but they for sure used to have iced tea in the cafe. I admit I wasnt on the Explorer, but Pat was.

I have never seen iced tea in the Café Promenade...

You're right, Cafe Promenade usually does not have iced tea or lemonade. I saw iced tea in the Cafe Promenade on Mariner only one day out of 3 different 7 day cruises. I'm guessing that Goldstein heard about it and made them stop.

One of my pet peeves. Why they can serve iced tea and lemonade 24 hours on Monarch/Majesty (Sorrento's), and Radiance class (outside aft of Windjammer), but not on Voyager class. I don't understand.

My first two cruises on Voyager had iced tea in the cafe .. but this last one on Liberty they quit. (just tepid water)

My complaint with the iced tea was there was no ice .. it wasnt cold. I wanted ICE ... but they for sure used to have iced tea in the cafe. I admit I wasnt on the Explorer, but Pat was.

I have been on the Explorer several times, as well as other ships that have a Café Promenade.

And Pat said that she wasn't sure about the iced tea.

I have never seen it there.

I agree - I would like actual ice to be available, but I have always found the water in that dispenser to be quite cold.

I think they quit the iced tea because its not iced if you dont have a ice machine in there.

Thats one of my pet peeves with the cafe, nothing cold to drink.

Im 100% sure we had ice tea every day in the cafe on Voyager .. so it used to be served.

Edited by firefly333

What's the pizza like. Slices or whole small ones.

Do they make it there or is it just reheated? Choice of toppings?

They make whole pizza there and serve it in slices. There are usually 2 or 3 different varieties available at any time.

They make whole pizza there and serve it in slices. There are usually 2 or 3 different varieties available at any time.

From everything I've read you can also order individual ones with the toppings you like on it if you're willing to wait for it to bake.

They have an ice machine in the kitchen area in the back. Just ask for a glass of ice and they will get it for you. DH loves iced coffee and this is what he does.

As far as hot drinks, there are also packets for making hot chocolate.

I think they quit the iced tea because its not iced if you dont have a ice machine in there.

Thats one of my pet peeves with the cafe, nothing cold to drink.

Im 100% sure we had ice tea every day in the cafe on Voyager .. so it used to be served.

I have always found the water in the metal cannisters to be quite cold. And I agree with you about the iced tea. The first time that we sailed on Explorer they had iced tea in one of the cannisters. I have never seen that happen since that cruise. Now it is either make a trip to the Windjammer or forget it.

Edited by Ocean Boy

I have always found the water in the metal cannisters to be quite cold. And I agree with you about the iced tea. The first time that we sailed on Explorer they had iced tea in one of the cannisters. I have never seen that happen since that cruise. Now it is either make a trip to the Windjammer or forget it.

thanks for backing me up on seeing the iced tea. I know two of my cruises had it.

I only drink water if there is more ice than water. .. except on the cruise. I want ice in my water. It doesnt matter how many other people dont want ice in their water, I do. Call me crazy for liking it with ice.

I love the cafe, so dont get me wrong. I seem to get a cabin near enough to run down the steps. The biscotti and cookies, yum. Pizza when its hot is fine with me too. I love grabbing it hot from the oven. My only small complaint is I want ice.

Edited by firefly333

Bingo.

• 2 years later...
Is the Café Promende open 24 hours? If not, does anyone know the hours? Also, is this menu still accurate?

Wow, nice bump. ;):D

Depends on the ship but most CP's are open up to 23 hours or so. They do need time to clean in the early morning. Also, there is no "menu" per sé; all of the items are in display cases and you just ask for what you want and they hand it to you on a small plate. The choices change daily.

Is the Café Promende open 24 hours? If not, does anyone know the hours? Also, is this menu still accurate?

Wow, nice bump. ;):D

Depends on the ship but most CP's are open up to 23 hours or so. They do need time to clean in the early morning. Also, there is no "menu" per sé; all of the items are in display cases and you just ask for what you want and they hand it to you on a small plate. The choices change daily.

Yes, CP closes for about an hour pre-dawn for cleaning.

The most common sandwiches are ham & cheese on a croissant, roast beef on a heavily seeded roll, roasted vegetables on a plain roll.

There will be a minimum of four different kind of cookies, one of which will always be sugar-free.

There will be six or seven cake/pastry choices, such as banana slice, carrot slice, chocolate slice, "homemade" granola bar, crumb cake.

There is a bar and a place to get coffee and specialty coffees, but that is NOT open the same extended hours as CP itself.

The tables of CP are an excellent place for people-watching.

Just off the Explorer last Sunday. They do have iced tea, but no ice, as stated before. The pizza is awful, as well as almost everything else in the Café Promenade. Go there for cookies and coffee. The International Café on Princess is 1,000 percent better. I was very disappointed.

We will be on the Explorer and I was wondering if anyone had a menu for Cafe Promenade? what types of drinks do they offer there?

I know it is free and it is open 24 hrs! :D

Thanks,

Loralie

Loralie Thank you so Much for allowing me to tell you about my weak spot. I absolutely loved Cafe Promenade. They had the best coffee(Seattles Best) I would make a Cafe Mocha with the Hot Chocolate Packages, Coffee, one of the Sweet n Low Sugars and some Half and Half or Low Fat Milk.

I loved their mini sandwiches and the desserts were awesome. It really reminded me of being at Borders in their Seatlle's Best Cafe. How funny next door people were paying for Coffee at Cafe Lattitudes. I did not need to visit there once.

Cafe Promenade also had English Breakfast Tea which I had every morning with Milk and a cookie or two.

Those Ranger Cookies , Chocolate Chip Cookies, Lemon Cake, Cheese Cakes were great.

My little secrete to you is before you go to the theater go to Cafe Promenade and make up a little to go snack plate and dessert plate and take it with you to the theater along with your Coffee. Makes for a nice snack with the theater.I did this and saw others do it too and it was great.

But now I'm looking forward to trying out Park Cafe on the Splendour Of The Seas from Santos Brazil-Barcelona in April.

Just off the Explorer last Sunday. They do have iced tea, but no ice, as stated before. The pizza is awful, as well as almost everything else in the Café Promenade. Go there for cookies and coffee. The International Café on Princess is 1,000 percent better. I was very disappointed.

Interesting assessment. I guess that you were really impressed.

Edited by Ocean Boy

This seems to have been your first Royal Caribbean cruise. I am sorry that you were disappointed. Did you like other things about your cruise?

• 2 weeks later...

This was my second RCI cruise. However, the first one was about 15 years ago. I was somewhat disappointed in the food in general. However, some dinners were very good and Portofino was excellent. I loved the ice show and the fun things on the Royal Promenade. Also liked Johnny Rockets. I would go on Royal again, but can't go because of their new smoking policy, and I am a smoker.

While this may sound somewhat negative, I had a great time.