Upgrade question Vision Of The Seas.

Hi.

Im traveling on VOS from 2th July to 9th july. We are 4 people. Me, my brother and our parents.

First we booked 2 superior inside cabins (J). We considered balcony, but it was to expensive.

We paid 12000 NOK/Cabin

Last night i checked RCCL´s homepage and found a good offer. Balcony Guarantee for 15088 NOK/Cabin

Called them today to book it and it was 15989/Cabin. Asked what the difference on aprx 901 NOK/Cabin was, but the lady on the phone couldnt get me a good answer to that.... Anyway we desided to upgrade both the cabins.

When i check now the price on rccl.com is 15989 and the price on rccl.no (norway) is 15088. Found out that the difference on 901 is the "tip" so thats "ok" but on rccl.no it says that most of the tip is included in the price of 15088. Thats not correct(!?).

What can we expect with the Balcony Guarantee?? (X) As far as i can se there is only 2 categories in balcony cabins (+ suites) Thats is D1 and D2.. Do they have any "hidden" categorie that we can get?

Have anyone tried Balcony Guarantee on Vision Of The Seas and what type of cabin did you get??

Hi.

Im traveling on VOS from 2th July to 9th july. We are 4 people. Me, my brother and our parents.

First we booked 2 superior inside cabins (J). We considered balcony, but it was to expensive.

We paid 12000 NOK/Cabin

Last night i checked RCCL´s homepage and found a good offer. Balcony Guarantee for 15088 NOK/Cabin

Called them today to book it and it was 15989/Cabin. Asked what the difference on aprx 901 NOK/Cabin was, but the lady on the phone couldnt get me a good answer to that.... Anyway we desided to upgrade both the cabins.

When i check now the price on rccl.com is 15989 and the price on rccl.no (norway) is 15088. Found out that the difference on 901 is the "tip" so thats "ok" but on rccl.no it says that most of the tip is included in the price of 15088. Thats not correct(!?).

What can we expect with the Balcony Guarantee?? (X) As far as i can se there is only 2 categories in balcony cabins (+ suites) Thats is D1 and D2.. Do they have any "hidden" categorie that we can get?

Have anyone tried Balcony Guarantee on Vision Of The Seas and what type of cabin did you get??

On RCCL.NO all you tip is included. But feel free to tip extra if the service is good.

I have had balcony guarantee more than 2 times, and ended up in D1 :)

There are no hidden categories

Sheri

We did a balcony guarantee ( sorry not on the Vision) and shortly after, there were only a few suites showing, then no cabins at all. There are apparently “hidden cabins” as about 3 weeks prior to sailing ( ship still showing sold out) we got an E-1 Balcony cabin.

We cruise often so we are not picky about cabin location, and are satisfied with the assignment. Only take a guarantee if you think the price is a good deal and you will not mind the most undesirable cabin location in the guarantee lowest category.

M

Thanks for the replies!

When i logged on today i could se that they have given us 2 D2 cabins on VOS so we are happy! But could they change the cabin later if they want? (rccl).

i have checked and tip is not included in the price on rccl.no. Strange because i didnt think you could book online without paying the tip before you travel.

Another question. I traveled on VOS last summer and paid tip in advance... But we never recieved anything in our cabins (tip vouchers/coupons) that we could give to them personly or if you wanted to give more tip to the waiter then the cleaner..

Is that normal?

Hi.

We paid 12000 NOK/Cabin

I'm a TA

Booked as passenger on an X last week.

2 days later she was allocated a JS.

Needless to say she thinks I am wonderful :-)

Now they have changed the price on rccl for a balcony GTY to NOK 15990 (15989.82,-) But on sathurday when i booked/changed trough phone the online price was Nok 15088. But i had to pay NOK 15990/Cabin anyway :mad:

I have sent them an email about this. I think i should get the difference (NOK 901) back or in OBC. What do you think?

They advertised it with this price (Nok 15088) so they should give me that price. (my opinion:))

Now they have changed the price on rccl for a balcony GTY to NOK 15990 (15989.82,-) But on sathurday when i booked/changed trough phone the online price was Nok 15088. But i had to pay NOK 15990/Cabin anyway

I have sent them an email about this. I think i should get the difference (NOK 901) back or in OBC. What do you think?

They advertised it with this price (Nok 15088) so they should give me that price. (my opinion

the prices are dynamic and can change VERY fast :) as for the GTY they can change them at any time before sailing, though I have never had that happen and allmost allways sail in GTY cabins :)

as for the rest, with a GTY cabin you might have a cabin with a obstructed view next to elevator under a nightclub etc etc you do not get to pick the location so you get a cheaper price instead, I havent been dissappointed yet :) when traveling with others it can suck if one cabin is aft and one forward :)

as for the Vision she is indeed my favortie ship in the fleet :)

I know that the price is dynamic, but the price online was wrong for sure. they had forgotten to ad the tip in the price.

Anyway we have upgraded again today :D Both cabins. From superior oceanview with balcony to Suite Guarantee. The same price so didnt have to pay anything :D I guess we will get a JS, but that is fine! :)

Archived