Do they really measure your luggage

Bradpinksc

I read on the back of the luggage tags that your bags were to be no bigger than 24x16..Mine is a 25 inch and my daughters is a 27inch. I know we will be ok on the weight... or should we do smaller bags and check 2 of them.

I've only seen it once... at Galveston. Some twit got the bright idea to put one of those 'Your bag must fit in this frame' things you see at the airports right at the entrance to the terminal. It caused an incredible amount of needless trouble... lots of folks had to check perfectly normal carry ons, etc.

After the appropriate folks were notified about the stupid thing it was quickly removed...

You should be just fine.

:)

I've only seen it once... at Galveston. Some twit got the bright idea to put one of those 'Your bag must fit in this frame' things you see at the airports right at the entrance to the terminal. It caused an incredible amount of needless trouble... lots of folks had to check perfectly normal carry ons, etc.

After the appropriate folks were notified about the stupid thing it was quickly removed...

You should be just fine.

:)

The lady they had there was not the nicest person either!

If they take it checked on a plane it'll go on the ship. Carry on does need to fit through the scanner. Just like at the airport. But as long as you're not toting a PODS container:eek: you'll be okay with the checked stuff. .

I read on the back of the luggage tags that your bags were to be no bigger than 24x16..Mine is a 25 inch and my daughters is a 27inch. I know we will be ok on the weight... or should we do smaller bags and check 2 of them.

This only applies to carry-on so it can fit through the scanner.

The luggage you give to the porter can be any "reasonable" size. If the airline accepts it as checked baggage the cruise line will also accept it.

Take care,

Mike

Archived