Blue Lagoon on Star ?s

alwalaska

The two ships I have been on had very small versions of Blue Lagoon (different name and not 24 hours on the Sky). From the pictures, it looks much larger on the Star. Can you normally find seats here during normal meal hours, or is it really crowded?

Also, for some reason, on the Spirit it was very difficult to order cheesecake and to get it delivered. Has anyone noticed this on the Star?

What types of food do they have at breakfast?

The two ships I have been on had very small versions of Blue Lagoon (different name and not 24 hours on the Sky). From the pictures, it looks much larger on the Star. Can you normally find seats here during normal meal hours, or is it really crowded?

Also, for some reason, on the Spirit it was very difficult to order cheesecake and to get it delivered. Has anyone noticed this on the Star?

What types of food do they have at breakfast?

The Star was remodeled during her last drydock. BL was moved and expanded. Lots of seating so no problem getting a place during mealtimes. The Spirit's BL was kinda like a wide spot in the aisleway (that's how it was on the Star, too). The expansion of BL on the Star was a good idea.

The only thing I can add about the new Blue Lagoon on the Star is the service is very hit and miss. Some days you will get excellent service, other days the service will be horrible. At least that has been my experience sailing on the Star with the 'new' Blue Lagoon.

BL use to be our favorite place, but since the change on the STAR we didnt much care for it...didnt have that CHARM and UNIQUENESS that was the BL on the STAR--our service wasnt good really...no one was hardly ever eating in there and we heard alot of people talking how they missed the OLD BLUE LAGOON--we were disappointed:(

we LIKED the BL on the SPIRIT too...we liked the Sports Bar on the SUN

(their version of the BL) wish it had longer hrs!!

Funny, we never used to go there on Star when it was in the old location. The seating looked uncomfortable for this big boy!

On our last cruise since the move I enjoyed those famous wings in the new, comfortable location.

I did notice the service was spotty. On our next cruise I am going to get the contact info for the F&B guy and let him know if that is still the case.

I know NCL reads these posts, so let's see if they step up to the plate.

I wonder if BL, since it is not a surcharge place and has a small menu, if they use that venue to break in newbies.

Just came off the Star a few days ago. BL was just ok. I used to love their wings, but no more. I found something else though. It was the chilli...:p

Was the chili in the Blue Lagoon or somewhere else? DH loves Chili.

Just had the wings in BL on the Gem and it as GREAT. Service was terrible but I won't hold it against NCL as it was a one day CTN.

I've gone to BL on Gem and Jewel for a meal, ordered burger, dog and wings and Sunday Brownie. American Junk Food at its best. ;):cool:

I really liked the way the Blue Lagoon was set up on the Star. Spacious and you could sit by the railing which looks down on the atrium, hear the music or people watch, or have a window seat and watch the ocean. Had the cheesecake, very good, the piece could have been larger!!LOL. We came back from a tour and headed directly to the BL for coffee and cheesecake. I agree service was a bit slow, not as slow as the Aqua dining room, not my fav venue, ceilings too low. Versailles was very nice.

Archived