Credit from Princess

barbienj

I sailed the Caribbean Princess LAST SEPTEMBER (2010) on the New England/Canada cruise. TODAY on my credit card there is a credit for $7.57.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be. It is 9 months later. I asked my TA and she had no clue.

Great that it is a credit, but pretty scary to me that Princess could just as easily debited my card months later.... TIA

I received a credit, also, for $15 and some cents. My mother and I went on a New England cruise, also. Wonder what it is for.......My husband just showed me our online statement and asked me what it might be. I thought it might be something related to

our next booked cruise but have a feeling that it is the New England cruise since you

are posting it. We went on 4 Princess cruises last year; would love to get a credit for

all of them but doubt that is happening. Must have something to do with port charges/taxes.

I got one for $15.14 too (= $7.57 per person). I was on the 16OCT10 sailing of the Caribbean Princess. I thought perhaps since we were on a B2B, they didn't carry over our OBC to our next voyage. Guess it must have been a refund of taxes instead since others are getting the same amount.

Here' the explanation--

Dear Caribbean Princess Passenger,

We are contacting you in regards to your cruise onboard Caribbean Princess to Canada/New England in 2010.

In an effort to ensure the highest quality service and experience to our passengers, we regularly review our practices and charges. During a recent review, we discovered an overcharge in government fees charged to your onboard account. You are due USD $7.57 for each person who traveled on the booking referenced above.

We will process a refund of USD $7.57 to the credit card used as the form of payment on your booking. Depending on your billing cycle and your bank processing time, you may not receive this credit for 1-2 billing cycles.

Thank you for your attention to this important information. We look forward to hosting you again on your next Princess cruise.

Great that it is a credit, but pretty scary to me that Princess could just as easily debited my card months later.... TIA

A company can refund $ to your credit card with no questions asked. Any debit to your card can be challenged and won't be your responsibility unless the company can prove you owe the money and authorized payment.

I got the e-mail from Princess today (was on the Caribbean Princess in July) and while it's a small amount it was nice to see Princess do the right thing when they found out they made an error.

Archived