Flight time changed Now what?

Booked my TA flight to Rome flight using Choice Air, I got good reasonable flights on Air Berlin. I booked to arrive the day before my Marine OS trip departing 10/12/10 MIA at 3:55PM Ar DUS 7:10AM 10/13/10 Dep DUS 10:45AM and Arrive ROME(FCO) at 12:50PM. I then planed to take the train to Civitavecchia and overnight at a hotel before boarding on 10/14/10. Everything was all set.:D

Then last week I got a schedule change from RCI 1st flight is leaving 30 minutes earlier and connecting flight is now leaving 5 hrs & 50 minutes later and not arriving in Rome until 6:50PM.:mad: A well planed journey turned into a nightmare! Any ideas on what to do folks? The last train is @10:57PM

Looks like you still have plenty of time to catch the train. I'd hate such a long lay-over, but you may have no choice. I would call the airline direct and inquire whether a better connection is available. I have often changed a flight when the airlines did a schedule change. I don't think RCI has any control over airline schedules.

Booked my TA flight to Rome flight using Choice Air, I got good reasonable flights on Air Berlin. I booked to arrive the day before my Marine OS trip departing 10/12/10 MIA at 3:55PM Ar DUS 7:10AM 10/13/10 Dep DUS 10:45AM and Arrive ROME(FCO) at 12:50PM. I then planed to take the train to Civitavecchia and overnight at a hotel before boarding on 10/14/10. Everything was all set.:D

Then last week I got a schedule change from RCI 1st flight is leaving 30 minutes earlier and connecting flight is now leaving 5 hrs & 50 minutes later and not arriving in Rome until 6:50PM.:mad: A well planed journey turned into a nightmare! Any ideas on what to do folks? The last train is @10:57PM

I assume your flights are still with AirBerlin?

The 10:45 am flight on Oct 13 was taken off the boards. Your new flight is the only non-stop flight with AB. There are a couple flights earlier but you have stop-overs and would arrive later then you do now.

Most likely, if you contact Air Berlin about this they will let you cancel without a problem, at least they´ve done this to me in the past when the flight time chaged that much.

If you want to stick with them you won´t have (m)any options, as they don´t have a ton of flights every day on the routes you are looking at.

Thanks folks for trying to help I guess my options are.

1. Do nothing & hope for another change with earlier arrival times at the port, or

2. Cancel & rebook earlier flights for $1000's more.(Paid about $900 total for 2 Pax, New flights about $3500) Na, I'll suffer!

Archived