Are steamers & irons on solstice allowed

lilbit chick

They are not allowed. It is published on their website. Look under "what to pack" or in the FAQ. They x-ray bags (not all of them) and if they see something suspicious they will not deliver your bags to your stateroom until you come to the lobby or other designated area, where you must open your bag and remove the item(s).

There have been many, many threads on this issue here on the Celebrity board -- have a look and you will find alternative suggestions, including different commercial products and the home-made formula for same.

Where can I find out for certain if a portable steamer is allowed onboard Solstice, and how do they know, are bags x rayed on boarding? Is it published on their webpage?

Heres the link on their website and yes, they are very strict in enforcement. Your luggage will be xrayed and your luggage will be sent to the naughtly room.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/beforeyourcruise/faq/home.do?faqSubjectName=Ship+and+Stateroom+Details&faqId=3183&pagename=faq_answers

Perhaps the website is not up to date.

I just came back from a cruise of the Infinity. The actual contract they send you is very clear about irons but there is no mention of steamers.

I walked through security with my steamer that I BOUGHT ON THE MARINER OF THE SEAS.

There was no problem. I had it out in my cabin with no problem.

The fact that you bought the steamer on Mariner OTS isn't really relevant. Each cruise line has its own policies.

While you may not have been one whose bags were x-rayed, many people have found that they were delayed getting their luggage due to having brought steamers aboard.

From the FAQ:

Are steamers allowed onboard?

Subject: Ship and Stateroom Details

Steamers or irons are not allowed onboard. However, there is a full laundry and dry-cleaning service available onboard for a reasonable rate.

Perhaps the website is not up to date.

I just came back from a cruise of the Infinity. The actual contract they send you is very clear about irons but there is no mention of steamers.

I walked through security with my steamer that I BOUGHT ON THE MARINER OF THE SEAS.

There was no problem. I had it out in my cabin with no problem.

The website is up to date, steamers were only put in about a year or so ago. Many have reported back that they were confiscated. You were lucky and unusual.

that is not in your specific contract.

Doesn't have to be, many things are not in the contract but there is a clause in the contract which is sort of a cover all for many things. Question was asked by the OP, source material provided as she wished, end of discussion

Archived