One day in Naples...Capri or Amalfi Coast?

Lido Lounger

Wow. You all make a compelling case for Amalfi... Two questions:

- See tours that offer a boat ride up the Amalfi coast. Is this a better option than just the bus?

- Another tour takes you to Capri via hydrofoil and then on a cruise to Amalfi with a bus ride back. 9.5 hrs total. Too much for a day?

We'll be with our 8 and 6-year old girls, both amazing travelers for their ages but still children...

Any advice welcome.

Sounds like fun--enough variety to keep them interested, and they can nap in the bus on the way back...;)

Capri. I've never been to the Blue Grotto, but I vote Capri because of the chair lift ride to Anacapri.. and the pizza.

2588763320100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

2522956510100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

2906629680100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

2707975830100375545S600x600Q85.jpg

NHRedsoxfan, thanks for the pics! This looks amazing. I think my DW would freak!!

This time around we are skipping Capri and doing Pompeii, Poisitano and Sorrento. I realize we can't do everything in one day, and it's our first time. I'll save Capri for our return visit one day!

Thanks again..

How hard is it to get to the ferry from the Naples port? How much is the ferry and how do we get to the chair lift. This looks like something we would realy enjoy. We have already done the Amalfi Coast and Pompeii which were fantastic.

Depending on where you are docked. We were a 5 min walk to the ferry docks. The Jet boats take 40 min and are 17 euro ea. way. They run approx. every 1/2 hr. You need to get your tickets at "Molo Beverello" Look for the name on top of the ferry terminal. The views on Capri are breath taking. You will be so glad you went. We did a 2 hr private boat tour around the Island. Then did the rest of the day on our own. The boat dropped us off at Di Luigi Ai Faraglioni for lunch. Right at the base of the Faraglioni. We then took the bus to Anacapri walked abit, shopped then back to Capri for more of the same. Did not have time to take the chair lift to Mt Solaro. So much to see and not enough time in one day. Finish the day with a lemoncello at the hotel Quisisana on the terrace and just people watch.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I would also like to know how to see Capri and the Amalfi coast in one day because I can't decide between the tow of them!!

One way would be to take a boat from Molo Beverello, right next to the cruise port, to Capri as soon as you can get off the ship. Spend a few hours on Capri and around 11 AM take a boat from Capri to Positano. Depending on how much time you want to spend there, you can stay in Positano for several hours and simply take a ferry back to Naples, or you could continue down the coast by bus to Amalfi and take a boat back from there. If the weather is bad and the boats aren't running, you can take the bus to Sorrento and the train from there, or a through bus, or a bus to Salerno and the state railroad from there back to Naples.

Archived