Carnival Spleandor May 8 (Mother's Day) Review

capndinghy

Thanks for posting your wonderful review! Just one question. The building the gangplank exits into in the second to last photo by the QM2...isn't that where they used to store the Spruce Goose? Has it been converted into customs now?

Thank you for posting such a nice review. I sometimes feel like the Splendor has been beat up on since the fire. Post like this gives me hope and also makes the waiting for my trip just a little easier. So for all of those going, please come back and post ASAP. I am sure there are many others who feel the same. Again thank you again for taking the time to write and share your family and your pictures.

Thank you so much for your review. I can't wait to read your next one in Oct. I wish you and Pat all the best....thank you again for sharing!! I really enjoyed your review so much, and hope our paths will cross someday and we can share a drink on a cruise together!!!!!

And one last thought.....That last picture is amazing!!!

:)

Thanks for posting your wonderful review! Just one question. The building the gangplank exits into in the second to last photo by the QM2...isn't that where they used to store the Spruce Goose? Has it been converted into customs now?

Hello T&F:

Yes the big dome where the Splendor docks is indeed the former home of the Spruce Goose. The Goose moved up to Oregon a few years ago and the dome is now being used as a cruise terminal. The baggage area, sign in area, and Customs and Immigration area all housed in the Dome now. However, everyone must wait outside until processing time; then they proceed through the dome and up that long gang way onto the ship. It is a long walk.

Thank you for posting such a nice review. I sometimes feel like the Splendor has been beat up on since the fire. Post like this gives me hope and also makes the waiting for my trip just a little easier. So for all of those going, please come back and post ASAP. I am sure there are many others who feel the same. Again thank you again for taking the time to write and share your family and your pictures.

Thank you for the kind words Pour Tour Snore. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed my review. There are more reviews listed at the bottom of my 'signature' should you be interested. I hope to return in November with a review of our Trans Atlantic Crossing on the MS Carnival Magic.

Great Review Chuck, brought it all back. We enjoyed meeting all our cruise critic friends. Especially the last day, when we sat down for a quick chat with Betsy, and everybody seemed to pass and stop. When we got up to go, we realised we had been there 2 hours!!!!!! Hope one day to meet up with some of you again.

Thank you for a wonderful review! I love your sense of humor and your pictures were wonderful! We are going on the Splendor in July and it is so nice to see a positive review. Could you tell me when the two "cruise elegant" nights are? Thank you for a fun read! Hope to sail with you sometime!

Thank you for a wonderful review! I love your sense of humor and your pictures were wonderful! We are going on the Splendor in July and it is so nice to see a positive review. Could you tell me when the two "cruise elegant" nights are? Thank you for a fun read! Hope to sail with you sometime!

Hello LATK:

Thanks for you kind words. I am glad you enjoyed reading my review. I am certain that the first Cruise Elegant (or wear your wife-beater T-shirt) Night is the Evening of the First Sea Day (ie the second night). I am pretty sure the second Elegant Night is the Next to Last Night of the Cruise.

Happy Floating! :D

I enjoyed your review very much. The pictures were great. I will keep my eyes peeled for your Magic review. I am taking a cruise with a group out of Galveston on the Magic, but, first, we are cruising on the Conquest to say "Goodbye" to her as she moves to NO.

I have a question for you. What airlines did you work for? My sister is a flight attendant and her husband a pilot, both for Continental.

I would enjoy a review of your train trip also.

I have a question for my Review "Reviewers". After our Cruise we took the Amtrak Pacific Surfrider from Los Angeles up to Santa Barbara. Should I append a short review of our train trip to this review?

TES!!!!! Anything to hold me over until your next sailing!!!! I would love it!!

And some more Waikiki pics if you have them.

:D:D

Would love to read your train review. Thanks for the informative and entertaining cruise review. Would love to read one about the transatlantic cruise, I would love to go on that one.

I'll make sure the Captain does his review on the Magic. Hopefully he will take his notebook instead of the ipad, which is easier to type and keep a journal on.;)

Great Review Chuck, brought it all back. We enjoyed meeting all our cruise critic friends. Especially the last day, when we sat down for a quick chat with Betsy, and everybody seemed to pass and stop. When we got up to go, we realised we had been there 2 hours!!!!!! Hope one day to meet up with some of you again.

That was a wonderful 2 hour visit--I think it was longer than our M&G! Has the grandbaby been born yet?

Archived