Celebrity buffets fruit punch

slapsyru

Hi, strange questio, but i've been on celebrity a few times and in the buffet they always have a fruit punch. I'm hooked on the stuff. All i can tell you is it's purple. I can't find anything like it at home and i miss it when i can't get it. Does anyone know what it is or who makes it (or can suggest something very similar), then i can get some of it ordered and shipped over to the UK to get a between-cruise fix :)

Don't confuse the pink/purple fruit punch with the pass-o-guava, which is passion fruit based, and is orange.

The pink/purple stuff is similar to what we were served in camp, where it was fondly known as "bug juice"

Anyway, other cruise lines seem to serve the same stuff, so I would be sure to post this inquiry on at least the Royal Caribbean board, and I seem to remember seeing it on other lines as well.

• 3 weeks later...

that stuff is amazing, a little too sweet, I used to cut it with a can of mineral water.

I do fondly remember bug juice as well, do you recall why it was called bug juice?- I remember the flys being stuck on the big dispener- they came by the hundreds, we always joked, who drank more the kids or the bugs.

Check out your local bulk food store- costco or sams club, I believe Sams was the one who had a similar product in their food service/restaurant supply section.

I like the fruit punch but do find it a bit too sweet also. I make my own "Celebrity Drink" by mixing half fruit punch and half lemonaide. The fruit punch is too sweet and the lemonaide is to sour. The blend is just perfect. It was funny on our last cruise on the Solstice which, unfortunately, was impacted by noro. I had the server make my mix for me. Had to explain slowly what I wanted. He tried it and liked the idea!

Phil

Archived