FLL & watertaxi-how far apart?

ampleiwb

How close is FLL to the riverwalk/water taxi attraction?

We will be staying in Ft. Laud 1 nt post cruise-I want to stay close to the airport or the water taxi because I do not want to spend a bunch of $$ on taxis. Are FLL & the watertaxi far apart or close to each other?

The water taxi closest stop is near the Hyatt Pier 66, and you can't really walk out of the port. I hope you know the water taxi is more expensive than a land taxi for the distance covered. Also, the water taxi is more like a bus, not a taxi. It runs on a schedule, so you may have to wait for it. Taxi will get you there much faster.

hmm..I was under the impression that the water taxi was in itself something to do-I didnt think we were riding it to get somewhere-but to enjoy the ride, commentary and scenery. I have heard it is about $20pp. So-do you know if it is close to FLL-as in the airport not the cruise port.

Let me rephrase my question since maybe i did not do a good job.

We want to ride the water taxi while in FLL-for the sake of fun, not to get anywhere particular. We will be flying out of FLL so I was crossing my fingers that the water taxi was near the airport-does anyone know how far it is from the Ft Laud airport to the water taxi? Thanks and sorry if I confused anyone.

OK, the impression was you were going to avoid land taxis by using the water taxi. The water taxi isn't near the airport either.

As far as something fun to do, I agree, we will be doing the same. We will be staying at a hotel nearby (Embassy Suites) and going for a spin. Yes, it runs north of the main port area, starting in the area of the Hyatt Pier 66, and going north away from the main port. A $20 daily fee is what I was aware also.

I don't know the area well, so i can't comment on proximity to FLL, but the water taxi is a nice way to see the fancy houses and big yachts and such. My experience was that the tour guides were much more talkative in the early evening, when we went to dinner. on our way back it was getting later and most people were using it to get from hotels to the clubs, and the guide did not talk as much. but still good sight seeing.

Let me rephrase my question since maybe i did not do a good job.

We want to ride the water taxi while in FLL-for the sake of fun, not to get anywhere particular. We will be flying out of FLL so I was crossing my fingers that the water taxi was near the airport-does anyone know how far it is from the Ft Laud airport to the water taxi? Thanks and sorry if I confused anyone.

I can't tell you exactly how far. BUT we stay at the Riverside Hotel when we cruise, pre and post. From the AP it is probably 10-15 minute ride. The water taxi has a stop behind the hotel on the water way. The Riverside is about 3 blocks away from the Riverwalk. A fun and interesting place.

BUT my point is, take a taxi to the Riverside. Go to the stop for the taxi and enjoy the ride. I do think a round trip is like 2-3hours long. But fun. You can get off anytime and any stop and get back on.

I just read that the hotel offers a "Pool day use fee". We will be doing this because we chose to take a later flight after 6pm.

Just my point of view.;)

OH and the ap vs. the water taxi aren't near at all.

The closest stop to FLL is by Hilton Marina or Hyatt Pier 66 on SE 17th St. These are about 5 miles from the airport and right next to the port. Any hotel on SE 17th St will be within 8 blocks walk of the water taxi and there are restaurants and basic stores. Cab fare from FLL is about $15-$20. If you get a downtown area hotel on Priceline or Hotwire you will be within a mile of the water taxi and cab fare will be $15-25.

I can't tell you exactly how far. BUT we stay at the Riverside Hotel when we cruise, pre and post. From the AP it is probably 10-15 minute ride. The water taxi has a stop behind the hotel on the water way. The Riverside is about 3 blocks away from the Riverwalk. A fun and interesting place.

BUT my point is, take a taxi to the Riverside. Go to the stop for the taxi and enjoy the ride. I do think a round trip is like 2-3hours long. But fun. You can get off anytime and any stop and get back on.

I just read that the hotel offers a "Pool day use fee". We will be doing this because we chose to take a later flight after 6pm.

Just my point of view.;)

OH and the ap vs. the water taxi aren't near at all.

I just read your post and it sounded wonderful, so I went on their webpage and booked myself for two nights in the tower. Thank you! I'm arriving from Anchorage in FLL around midnight which will only be 8pm my local time that my body is used to, so I will enjoy my wine and sit on the balcony when I arrive.. Perfect... Perfect... Perfect... (!) ... THANK YOU.

I think (but not sure) the Holiday Inn Express-Convention Center on 17th Street has an airport shuttle, is located near the north entrance to the port and less than 2 blocks from the Hilton Marina Water Taxi Stop.

After further review...

Yes, they have a 24 hour complimentary airport shuttle.

Just make sure they are not doing construction or going to be doing construction. If I remember correctly, there are plans to expand the hotel or build outside the hotel which may impact your experience. The water taxi is a great way of getting around Fort Lauderdale and seeing some incredible homes at the same time. Have a great cruise.

They knocked down an entire block of shops to build a nicer drive up entrance to the hotel but the last I heard they scrapped that idea. It looks like the east lawn is here to stay, for now, and no construction.

Archived