Driving to Miami, need nice hotel with reasonable parking fees

tasmith09

Driving to Miami 2 nights pre-cruise, looking for a decent hotel with parking less than $15/night. We are hoping to pay less than $150/night for the hotel. Ideally it would have a fridge and microwave or even a kitchenette and room for 4 adults. If at all possible it would be nice to be closer to the port or have a port shuttle so we aren't paying a lot for a cab ride. I have been looking at Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Embassy Suites..but am open to opinions and would prefer to be closer to the beach maybe..

Any suggestions?

Driving to Miami 2 nights pre-cruise, looking for a decent hotel with parking less than $15/night. We are hoping to pay less than $150/night for the hotel. Ideally it would have a fridge and microwave or even a kitchenette and room for 4 adults. If at all possible it would be nice to be closer to the port or have a port shuttle so we aren't paying a lot for a cab ride. I have been looking at Hyatt Summerfield Suites and Embassy Suites..but am open to opinions and would prefer to be closer to the beach maybe..

Any suggestions?

You're asking for alot and it probably is impossible to get everything you want. I know the downtown Hilton often has a parking package. Look on their website under special offers. If you stay at a downtown hotel the cab is about $10 to get to the ship.

You might also want to consider getting a room with Priceline or Lastminutetravel. I got the Hyatt for $88.

All of the downtown Miami and Miami Beach hotels will charge $25-30+ per day for parking. :eek:

You could look at hotels in the FLL area that in general are cheaper than those in Miami and many offer free or cheap parking. You can shuttle to POM from the FLL area with QLS or SAS for about $15 per person each way.

Some of the hotels near MIA offer free parking and will fill the rest of your needs (try the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon), but will not be close to POM. All of the MIA area hotels can arrange for a port shuttle for about $10 per person or you can taxi to POM for under $30 (including tip).

If you decide to skip shutles and cabs, parking at POM is convenient, covered and secure for only $20/day. Good luck!

Archived