Splendor getting her groove back

deena26

Looks like things are starting to look up again for the Splendor, after bad review after bad review, seems like things are improving from the embarkation, to the service, to the food. Check out the more recent member reviews on here. Almost all the reviews were excellent pre fire, then went way downhill post fire, but I think it's starting to even out finally. I'll be waiting to read more reviews!!

Looks like things are starting to look up again for the Splendor, after bad review after bad review, seems like things are improving from the embarkation, to the service, to the food. Check out the more recent member reviews on here. Almost all the reviews were excellent pre fire, then went way downhill post fire, but I think it's starting to even out finally. I'll be waiting to read more reviews!!

Just back from our 5th cruise on the Splendor & it was the best in all catagories imo.

Would've liked to have gone to Mazatlan.

Tom

Having just got off the Splendor from our May 1st sailing.....I can say that the Splendor is most definaetly back in business! The service was top notch and we always seemed to have something to do with the entertainment they had onboard! (sometimes having to decide between two things) It was one of the best cruises we have been on so far!:):)

We had so much fun that we ended up booking for the same time next year!:D

I'm noticing the same thing and it's good to see. :)

Seems like the ship was jinxed. First the incident inPuerto Vallarta, hitting the dock. Then the fire. :eek:

Hopefully it'll continue to sail smoothly.

I'm noticing the same thing and it's good to see. :)

Seems like the ship was jinxed. First the incident inPuerto Vallarta, hitting the dock. Then the fire. :eek:

Hopefully it'll continue to sail smoothly.

Don't forget the Splendor bumped into the MoS in P.V.

Tom

Don't forget the Splendor bumped into the MoS in P.V.

Tom

I remember a minor collision, seems windy conditions was a factor.

Thought that was on the Caribbean side of Mexico. There was a YouTube video floating around.

Wasn't sure it was the Splendor.

I remember a minor collision, seems windy conditions was a factor.

Thought that was on the Caribbean side of Mexico. There was a YouTube video floating around.

Wasn't sure it was the Splendor.

Your right, the wind was the cause. It bumped the Radiance of the Sea, 11/09 in PV..

It was the the same cruise it had to make an unscheduled stop in Cabo bec the captain had a heart problem.

Tom

Your right, the wind was the cause. It bumped the Radiance of the Sea, 11/09 in PV..

It was the the same cruise it had to make an unscheduled stop in Cabo bec the captain had a heart problem.

Tom

Ok that's 3, right?

1. Bump Radiance in PV, Captain gets sick in Cabo. :eek:

2. Hits Dock in PV. :eek::eek:

3. Fire 2010. :eek::eek::eek:

Three strikes, your out.... next inning.

Any others?

Surely the worst is behind her, and nothing but happy and satisfyed passengers from now on.

I don't think an "official" usgs report has been issued yet, as it would make the news, at least here on CC. It's probably going to be awhile, not quite as long as an airplane accident but with insurance companies, engine manufacturers, fire suppression system manufacturers and carnival itself there is a lot of back and forth right now.

I know there was a newsletter or bulletin that was issued by USGS that got some news time about how ships should double check there CO2 fire systems as some may not be installed correctly or not working correctly or the manuals are out of date. It was something along those lines as the bulletin referenced a recent fire aboard a passenger vessel where the CO2 system was not working correctly. Everyone thought that the bulletin was referring to the Splendor incident but it never specifically addressed it.

This is all from memory so I'm quite certain I don't have all the details correct etc but I think that is the general inference. Take Care.

Ok that's 3, right?

1. Bump Radiance in PV, Captain gets sick in Cabo. :eek:

2. Hits Dock in PV. :eek::eek:

3. Fire 2010. :eek::eek::eek:

Three strikes, your out.... next inning.

Any others?

Surely the worst is behind her, and nothing but happy and satisfyed passengers from now on.

4. On the 5/24/09 sailing, the gangway in Long Beach was broken for a few hours. Disembarkation didn't start until about 11 a.m. They were considering letting us disembark from the front (where the crew enters and exits the ship).

Also heard about another sailing where some luggage was accidentally dropped into the water.

Archived