which level for penthouse suite?

Archie's Mom

We are upgrading our current marina b4 to a ph3 for a transatlantic cruise next year. I see that 7128 and 7133 with extended balconies are available as are penthouse 3 suites on deck 10. anyone have an opinion about the extended balcony penthouses 7128 or 7133? I am concerned about the tunnel vision problem mentioned on other posts but wonder if the wider penthouse cabins might make up for that narrow field of vision issue.

We loved our PH3 on the Marina's Maiden Voyage! The size of the room is ideal for a transatlantic where you will possibly entertain in your room, and without as many ports possibly spend more time in the cabin. The verandah's have two reclining chairs and a table (instead of two fixed chairs), and they're high enough you can see well in port. The walk-in closet is great (the A-B cabins elicited complaints about the availability of the closet to both occupants, and the advantage of the bath is the larger shower than the A-B level cabins.

We saw one of the cabins with the deep verandah, and while it will allow you to stretch out, there are only the aforementioned fixed chairs, you are looked over by those in cabins above, and I personally did not like the narrow view.

If you can afford the difference, I highly recommend the PH3's! You won't be sorry.

Enjoy your cruise.

We haven’t sailed on the Marina before but have been through the Ph3 cabin selection process for our 2012 cruise and this was our reasoning:

We decided against the rear PH3 on deck 7 because they are over the MDR and feared there may be occasional noises coming through. During our last cruise with NCL, as we walked around the deck, we found the vibration of the ship was quite noticeable aft. In our forward cabin there was no vibration at all.

This may not be the case on the Marina but those are the reasons we decided against the aft cabins on deck 7.

Bev

Since you are on a transatlantic, I wouldn't be too concerned about the size of the balcony. Other than a few stops outbound, you'll be crossing the ocean without much to see and possibly some rough sea days.

We prefer to concentrate on having a PH to relax in when we retreat to our room. Enjoy your trip, you will love the Marina!

We had a PH3 cabin on a recent Marina cruise--they're great, very roomy, well-worth the upgrade. People have commented that 10th deck PH (all 3's, I think) have better views from verandah than 11th deck. Just avoid the front of ship, esp. 10002, which we had: there's a ship's light positioned that partially blocks verandah view, plus you feel more bounce from the ocean. Go mid-deck. You'll love it.

We are upgrading our current marina b4 to a ph3 for a transatlantic cruise next year. I see that 7128 and 7133 with extended balconies are available as are penthouse 3 suites on deck 10. anyone have an opinion about the extended balcony penthouses 7128 or 7133? I am concerned about the tunnel vision problem mentioned on other posts but wonder if the wider penthouse cabins might make up for that narrow field of vision issue.

These 2 cabins have a larger balcony but are smaller (narrower) than regular PH3s - both in cabin and closet space (more noticeable in closet). No tunnel vision here - that applies to B4 cabins. It depends on what you want more - larger cabin or larger balcony.

Archived