Sapphire Beach questions....

We're sold on Sapphire Beach so...a few questions. Do they have chair/umbrella rentals available there? Also, I've read that some have been able to order lunch there - is that true? We will be in port around 10 and plan to be at the beach as quickly as possible. And I understand snorkeling equipment is available for rental, too?

Any and all advice/answers are welcome and I thank you in advance.

We enjoyed Sapphire so much we didn't want to leave. :D

I don't know if you read my review or not, but here it is with pictures:

(I know when I'm going somewhere, even after deciding exactly where I'm going, all I want to do is read more reviews on the place to get more excited hehe)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280889

Yes, there is a place to rent snorkeling equipment and it's pretty cheap. Everything you need. The guys there are really nice.

After reading my review, if you have any questions, and I can answer, I'd be happy to. :)

I do have a couple of questions - do they only accept cash for the snorkel rentals/drinks/etc. at Sapphire? I've heard St. Martin's doesn't like credit cards so I'm curious about Sapphire Beach.

And I understand lunch is available to order, correct?

Your review and photos (and enthusiasm) actually sold us on Sapphire!

We only use cash when we go into ANY port. (I've heard horror stories about using a cc in a port only to get home and find a few 0's had been added to the sell). So, I couldn't tell you if they actually accepted a cc or not. Sorry. But yes, most places prefer cash.

We ate a huge breakfast prior to going to Sapphire and then had plans to go to Paradise up on the mountain and eat. So, we did not eat while we were there. I do know the shack that they sold the snorkeling equipment in had ice cold soda and beers. I'm not sure if they had food or not. I was thinking someone posted in either my thread or another that there was places to eat there.

When we were there you could either walk up to a snack cart that also sold frozen drinks or there was a girl going up and down the beach taking orders and delivering chairside . We agree with Mitsu on the cash tip . I try to over estimate what I need and take 5's and 10's only on any island . Hasn't failed us yet . You'll love Sapphire !

We enjoyed Sapphire so much we didn't want to leave. :D

I don't know if you read my review or not, but here it is with pictures:

(I know when I'm going somewhere, even after deciding exactly where I'm going, all I want to do is read more reviews on the place to get more excited hehe)

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1280889

Yes, there is a place to rent snorkeling equipment and it's pretty cheap. Everything you need. The guys there are really nice.

After reading my review, if you have any questions, and I can answer, I'd be happy to. :)

great pics. my crew is travelling on EOS 6/23 sailing and will be in St. Thomas on the 28th.

We are doing a snorkeling excursion in the morning and then it's off to the beach in the afternoon. We were thinking of going to Megans Bay, which we've been to before, but you make such a compelling case for Sapphire Beach. Which one is closer to the pier? If our priority is beautiful sand and water, which one would you choose? Is there any particular spot to get dropped off at Sapphire? Can we just bring blankets if we don't want to rent chairs?

Thanks in advance.

great pics. my crew is travelling on EOS 6/23 sailing and will be in St. Thomas on the 28th.

We are doing a snorkeling excursion in the morning and then it's off to the beach in the afternoon. We were thinking of going to Megans Bay, which we've been to before, but you make such a compelling case for Sapphire Beach. Which one is closer to the pier? If our priority is beautiful sand and water, which one would you choose? Is there any particular spot to get dropped off at Sapphire? Can we just bring blankets if we don't want to rent chairs?

Thanks in advance.

Well if you are doing a snorkeling excursion in the morning, be prepared for more snorkeling while you are at Sapphire. There are so many reefs up and down there and all you do is walk into the water. Do you have your own snorkeling equipment that you are bringing? So many different types of fish as well.

I'm honestly not sure which is closer. I just know that it wasn't more than 1/2 hr drive to Sapphire from the port and only cost $10 to get there. They drop you off right in front of the resort (the one pictured in the web cam link). You walk between the buildings and the beach is right there. Then remember that the vans (if they are waiting outside the resort) will come every 15 min to load people up to return to the port. They were pretty consistent.

Yea, really no need to rent chairs, unless you completely object to sitting/laying on your towel in the sand. We didn't...but then again the only time we were out of the water was to get something to drink and take pictures of the Iguanas walking around the beach or up in the trees. They have the grape trees for natural light if you don't want to be in the sun.

Is there any particular spot to get dropped off at Sapphire? Can we just bring blankets if we don't want to rent chairs?

Thanks in advance.

I believe this is the place they have that web cam set up. You can see the volleyball nets there and I seen the volleyball nets in the webcam during the day. These are all the grape trees lined up there.

1017710951_YCj7W-M.jpg

I believe this is the place they have that web cam set up. You can see the volleyball nets there and I seen the volleyball nets in the webcam during the day. These are all the grape trees lined up there.

1017710951_YCj7W-M.jpg

thanks for all the info. we're all set, snorkeling in the morning, lunch on the ship and then off to Sapphire. Very excited

thanks again

Thank you so much for all the info! We are sailing on the Carnival Dream tomorrow and we are headed to Sapphire Beach when we reach St. Thomas. I am so excited!

PLEASE report back after your cruise and let us know how things are now. Remember to take A LOT of pictures to share. :D Have a wonderful cruise.

Archived