Limiting Onboard Spend - Grand Princess

Shadydee

Hi folks

I am travelling with as part of a larger party on GP in July. One cabin will be taken up by 2 teenagers and a 21 year old. They are paying for their onboard accounts themselves and none have a credit card. Can they lodge cash at the start of the cruise - and is there any way to limit their spending so they dont blow it all in the first few days (I speak from experience from coming home to some large cc bills in the past!)

Thanks

They can put cash up front for their spending. Not sure how you could limit it except only have them put down the amount of cash they/you think they should spend the first few days and then add cash to the account as you go.

If they are using cash, they will need to put down a deposit to cover anticipated expenses. I believe the initial deposit is $300 per person for a one week cruise. If their spending is getting close to the deposit, they will be asked to put down more money. If they fail to do that, they will be cut off.

Archived