alternative to soda card?

Greengirl

Thx for the info. I was planning on buying my 3 kids the Fountain Card, but you've all changed my mind. Just one question, is the Fountain Card good on Foo Foo (alcohol free, of course) drinks for them too? Or is it seperate? I'll just take a twelve pack of soda with me and that will have to do..

No, the FOO FOO drinks are extra.

Do you really think it is worth hauling beverages in your luggage on an off airplanes to save a few dollars? Liquid is heavy and I think I'd rather pack lighter. But I will probably be less likely to order pop than other beverages anyway.

Kelli

On our last cruise - just hubby and me - we bought water bottles and a few bottles of wine in FLL - no lugging on the plane.

We hope to cruise next (with 2 kids) out of NYC (driving distance) so we can bring soda/water/wine in the car.

How much are the soda cards? My kids don't drink alot either - but if they had the option, they might.

Is it true that you can't get soda in camp carnival - what do they get to drink?

Thanks - Jackie

It is true that the younger kids cant use the soda card in the camp= The kids ages 9 up can leave camp and go get a soda if they want. THey are not taken as a group to go get one.

Check out carnivals web page under FAQs to see how much soda cards are. It depends on how many days your cruise is. Remember- kids under 12 get soda for free in the dining room only

You can also purchase soda coupons -4 for $6.80. You get a 12 oz. can and a cup of ice. Any bartender or waiter can redeem them for you. When you purchase them in advance , they will either be in your cabin when you arrive or delivered to your table at the first nights dinner seating. I used to buy one per cabin for all of our group until we started doing Tshirts.

here is the CCL link:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/AddToCart.aspx?cat=Specialty+Items&pid=500

I don't buy the pop cards.

I am a Pepsi holic and prefer Pepsi to Carnival's Coke.

YES, I know it's a bad habit, but my ONLY vice, OK??? ;)

So, I take some 20 oz Pepsi bottles in my suitcase and then

go ahead and buy a Coke occasionally also.

In addition, I buy a couple of cans while in port each day!

IMO, that soda card $ isn't worth the $ because they

only give you watered down Coke anyway in a glass, without the can or bottle....directly from the fountain.

If you want an actual can or bottle, it's about $1.75 for a can and about $2.50 for a 20 oz. bottle. (including tip)

A few $ Cokes on my tab just didn't add up to that much.

Certainly not what a soda card would have added up to.

Good Luck & Have Fun! :) (P. S. we also took some bottled water.....saved $!)

Valentine cruiser: I don't know when your last cruise was, but mine was in March. I got the Soda Fun Card Day ONE on the cruise and used it at least 4 times per day if not more. The coke is in cans, and they will fill it with as little ice as you request. But only one glass at a time. One trick however is to get a $6.00 carnival insulated mug from the gift store. It holds a whole can of coke with just a little ice in it.

So my total for the card for an 8 day cruise was $40.00

If I bought the sodas outright the cost would be nearly $60.00

I saved $20.00.....But I drink a lot of Diet Coke so it works out just great.

Ray

Valentine cruiser: I don't know when your last cruise was, but mine was in March. I got the Soda Fun Card Day ONE on the cruise and used it at least 4 times per day if not more. The coke is in cans, and they will fill it with as little ice as you request. But only one glass at a time. One trick however is to get a $6.00 carnival insulated mug from the gift store. It holds a whole can of coke with just a little ice in it.

So my total for the card for an 8 day cruise was $40.00

If I bought the sodas outright the cost would be nearly $60.00

I saved $20.00.....But I drink a lot of Diet Coke so it works out just great.

Ray

The sodas come in cups, not cans

Bluexmoon:

You have to read a little further down....before Critiquing the post. Every Carnival ship serves the Coke products in Cans and fills the Glasses on every deck except the Lido where they use plastic cups. You can tell them NO or Little Ice to get the most out of the can each time you use your card..

Usually I'll buy a soda card for myself, but I see where it could get expensive with kids. I just took a Costa cruise(no soda cards for sale). I took two 2 liter bottles on board then stocked up again at first stop in Key West. It was worth the hassle of taking it through the airport. I would advise getting a good rolling knapsack if you plan to buy at a port, scout out purchase place, and buy only on way back to ship. A lot of airlines are limiting to 50 lbs of luggage. It would not be worth it in those circumstances.

We get our three soda cards, it is a real treat for them as they do not really get soda at home. Only maybe with pizza or when we have a party.

They think it is cool to be able to order shirley temples etc. Most of the other kids they have run into have the cards.

For me it is more of a vacation to get the cards this way they are not constantly asking for drinks.

I like traveling light so I do not bring soda onboard, but that is also a good idea.

Archived