Spring Break on Holland America?

SUSIEK

Looking for any comments from previous cruisers on Holland during spring break. We are considering a 7 or longer night cruise in March of 2012. Our son will be 6 at that time. NOT looking for a "spring break" party cruise and this is why we are considerding Holland. Sailed aboard Star Princess,10 night, this past April and really enjoyed it. Our son really loved the kids club although there were not many kids. Hubby wants to do Princess again, but I would like to try Holland. We have sailed on Royal, NCL, Carnival and Disney but like the itineraries on Holland and Princess for the caribbean.

Any comments would be appreciated!!!

Spring Break can be very hit or miss as the actual vacations dates vary so much from region to region and school to school. It's not like Christmas, where you can pretty much assume everyone is out of school at the same time. There will be kids on board, but significantly less than summer.

We sailed on the Eurodam (7 days E. Caribbean) for our spring break which was the third week of March two years ago. My daughters were 12 and 5 (almost 6) at the time. We had a great time and both of them were quite happy with the kids club. There weren't a lot of kids but there were plenty for them to play with and the facilities weren't too crowded. Most of the time that my younger daughter was at Club Hal there were probably 12 or 15 kids there and nearly all around her age. She loved the camp counselor and cried when it was time to say goodbye. We have also sailed on Princess twice as well as on Disney and my younger daughter prefers HAL, the older one who is now a teenager has a slight preference for Princess over HAL.

Lisa

Archived