Just off the Pride, questions Welcome!

You will note that the terminal is adjacent to I 95 [Exit 55]. From the north: before entering the Ft. McHenry Tunnel you want to be in the far right lanes to use the far right tunnel (Bore 1). You can not safely exit at 55 if you use Bore 2.

Photo of the terminal and secure parking attached.

Aerial-of-Carnival-Pride-at-Maryland-Cruise-Terminal-R074001.jpg.9e4d455e954a50ea4ca59e3198857520.jpg

99218950_atterminalBaltimore2.jpg.15deec318e62dc13d7ac23b164920e24.jpg

2071019395_Prideatterminal.jpg.640a3c2a77bcbd300153165d32e5e89b.jpg

How much are the balconies obstructed on the Main and Upper decks? I wouldn't want to be looking at a lifeboat instead of the beautiful sea. My wife wants to have Carnival choose the cabin to save money. That's OK with me unless the balcony is spoiled by obstruction.

Thanks!

How much will you be saving by going the guarantee route?

if NOT wanting an obstruction - a balcony guarantee is not the way for you to go-

Any of those cabins that are in the indented part of the ship will have the lifeboats in the way blocking your view down.

http://www.travelingnuts.com/2011cruise/images/DSCN0186.JPG

this is the empress deck looking down.

you also stand that chance of getting a 7A which is obstructed. the lifeboat sits at the railing.

2656775870097515536lsubTD_th.jpg

notice how narrow the balcony is.

387235121dzyGPY_th.jpg

387234659CUZkje_th.jpg

Thanks, serene56! Really good info. Your pictures really answered that question perfectly! I will certainly avoid those cabins.

if you are booked into a guarantee-- there really is no way to avoid them

if you get one of those--you will have to pay the going rate for an upgrade.

Last cruise we sailed--it was 200pp more. to go up one level

If you're looking to save $$$ you could book a 7A from the onset, and choose one of the cabins that are better positioned (entirely in front of the lifeboats, not in front of a divider, if you look at a deck plan you can see which ones are better...5165 is an example). We've done that for the last several cruises and have been fortunate to upgrade most of the time at no charge, but even when we haven't, those particular cabins are okay. Your view is fine if you look outward.

As mentioned, any of the cabins directly above the lifeboats have an affected view if you look down. I'm not a fan of heights, so I never look directly down anyway, so it doesn't bother me.

We've spent many an hour relaxing on those balconies with a beautiful view of the ocean.

Archived