Conch Fritters?

kcbutterfly

They are not a regular menu item at Jack's. I have read where some said they had them there but when I asked Jack last year he said "very rarely".

I hope someone has the lowdown on some conch fritters! I went to college at U of Miami for a year and there was a place in Coconut Grove that had them WAY back then. Last time I was in the area I couldn't find the place.

DW has never had them and I wish I knew of a place that offered them on the menu to let her experience them and to relive some good times from the past!

There is a place in downtown that sells conch fritters. They were good and not a lot of fillers. I think that they were 3 or 6 for a dollar. If you went on a tour it was $20.00 which included a stop downtown. If you went by taxi it was $5 each way. This was in Dec 10. In between Mville and Jack's Shack there may be another restaurant that serves conch fritters. When I was there they hadn't opened.

We had conch fritters on Grand Turk in February. We went to the first bar/cafe you come to as you leave the Carnival beach area and they were on the menu there. (Heading towards Jack's Shack, but nowhere near as far along the beach - much nearer the ship.) We wanted to try them and decided we did like them!

Archived