Discrimination against Brits?

mr.grumpy

Been looking at taking a Seabourn cruise and see a number of fellow Brits on CC. Can anyone explain why we are discriminated against? Just looked at possible Norway cruise on Pride in August. Seabourn.com UK website shows lowest price for "A" suite at £4099. A US travel agent is listing lowest suite price at $4999, meaning we get charged 35% more than North American residents. Any explanation that anyone out there is aware of?

We never pay Seabourn web prices in the U.K. our travel agent always gives a huge discount off their price even when we book on board ,I can't name them as it is not allowed on cruise critic and Dan will tell me off.

We never pay Seabourn web prices in the U.K. our travel agent always gives a huge discount off their price even when we book on board ,I can't name them as it is not allowed on cruise critic and Dan will tell me off.

Is agent in UK or US?

Travel agents cannot be named but if you PM people they can give you the information you need, our TA gives 12% off Seabourn's prices.

We live in the US but switched to a UK TA both for better pricing and service. The only thing that we have to worry about is exchange rates( and it helps having a credit card without foreign transaction fees).

Travel agents cannot be named but if you PM people they can give you the information you need, our TA gives 12% off Seabourn's prices.

You'd better not advertise this Kathryn..... there already is a huge discussion about it (cutting down the discount.....) :=( :(

Marja

the same does happen in europe !!

prices in eur are a lot higher as in $ and other conditions as well

once you book a cruise in europe you cannot change anymore

the conditions of changing and cancellation are a lot smoother in the US

One should always also add service into the factor when considering a TA. yes, UK agents may get better pricing since they get larger commissions but I can't tell you how many times I have heard people complain that all they got was an order taker who would offer no follow-up service.

I hear that UK and probably Euro area passengers are better protected against problems with their travel than our cousins in the USA. For instance when I couldn't get out of London Heathrow at Christmas because of the snow I received a full refund from Princess for my Amazon cruise. We also receive compensation for long delays. Consumer protection of this level costs those who transport us and I guess they build a cushion into their pricing.

Archived