Has anyone packed 7 days in a carryon?

Missiowa

If someone said you can have a free cruise but you can only bring a carryon and a big tote. I would do it!:D Other than that, no freaking way! I have a big suitcase for myself and the DH and DS share their own big one. I carry on a big tote bag and one on wheels that looks like a big rolling purse. I like to have my toys (accessories) with me. I must admit that I have gotten much better than I used to be at packing. The DH carries on a rolling briefcase with his and the DS's computers in them. And the DS brings a small backpack with snacks, and his iphone.

We've been to Europe for 3 weeks with a small carry-on for each f us (4 people)..NO PROBLEM! Just make sure everything matches...and don't be afraid to wear slightly soiled clothing! Unless it really stinks....you'll be fine! Bring some quarters for those few things you need to wash..or some detergent to wash out things in the sink! You shouldhaveno problem packing for a week long cruise and carrying everything on!

We do it most years. The four of us will each have a carry-on and a back pack. One large bag checked that will have DW's shoes, toiletries and "other" liquids that can't be carried on. The days of packing a suit or tux for formal night are over so no garment bag needed.:D $25 for the one bag is not terrible.

I know you've had many reply's, but i wanted to reply. My sister only travels with carryon's. (wow) and even traveled to England to visit sil for a week then they did a back to back. flew from seattle, wa. all with carryons. a woman on the ship didn't believe her so came to her cabin and my sis showed her. I have found videos online that show how to do carryons.

and you can always stop at a walmart on the way to the ship to purchase personal supplies if needed that you can't put in a carryon due to airline regulations.

i have done it for several vacations. when i realized how many clothes i came home with that i didn't wear, i started cutting back on what i packed. if you don't have to have a lot of options to choose from, then you will have no problem packing in a carry on. i just returned from an 8 day land vacation to maui and took only carry on and personal item. i still had clothes i did not wear while there. i also roll my clothing, wear my bulkiest items and take only necessities. some things i am willing to live without and i don't believe in taking little things for "just in case". these items if needed i will go out and purchase. it's quite nice not having a lot of luggage to keep up with. and i have found that i can pack light and still have a few options without having to do a load of laundry. :)

My husband is hysterical laughing cause I bring like 30 outfits and 30 pairs of shoes. He wishes someone could teach me the bundle method of packing and force me into taking only 7 outfits and 3 basic pairs of shoes. My last 5 cruises have been driving to the port, no flying so I noticed I bring more now. I usually have 1 very large , 1 garment and 1 big toiletries. After shopping on the islands, I usually have to buy a bag on board to carry all the souvenirs home.

Next cruise Carnival Miracle 9/11/11

Archived