Tell me about Inside Cabins!

Just got off the Triumph yesterday. We reserved two "inside" cabins that actually had windows. We usually book balconies but the price was too cheap not to try it out and we were THRILLED. We were on Lido (deck 9) in the very front, and had cabins 9203 and 9201. My hubby and I had 9203 and the cabin felt much larger than the balconies (not sure if they were or if the layout just made the room seem more spacious). We had a big window and a deck that very few passengers discovered, just steps outside of our cabin door. The seas (and the front cabins) made for a bit of motion so it was nice to be able to have daylight and see outside (I rarely get seasick but when I do, it's when I'm isolated inside without a view of the sun and/or horizon). Cabin 9201 was smaller than 9203 but still fine for two 20 year old college girls who were rarely in their rooms. Hubby and I agreed that we'd book 9203 (or 9202 which seemed to be a mirror image of our cabin) in a heartbeat and just sail two or three times more often (compared to the price of a balcony). Our cabin for a five day cruise was only $319 pp. What a steal!!! :)

we leave on Monday on the Inspiration... Having not sailed in an inside with my kids before this will be an interesting adventure. It is only a 4-night cruise, they are older (13 & 16) so they can come and go as they please and don't take a lot of time getting ready for dinner. My DH and I may use the cabin during the day for a quick nap but other than that will be on deck or doing other things on the ship. The pricing was right to convince him to cruise again this year... ;)

We have been in one balcony and the rest of our cruises have been inside at different levels. We love the inside cabins. Can sleep so much better. We rarely spend to much time in our cabins because we like to be out and about mixing with people. It would not be worth it to us to be in a balcony again.

My family of 4 is considering going on another Carnival cruise, possibly on the Glory in November 2011. We will probably do this cruise "on the cheap", as the Oasis or Allure cruise probably next summer will be a spending extravaganza - I can already tell :rolleyes:

So, we've decided to try an interior cabin this time. (Porthole cabins are already sold out, :()

• Is the size difference (185 sq feet vs 220) noticable? We thought the Valor Oceanview (220) was perfectly fine sizewise.
  • How is the fact that you don't have a window? Is it really bad, or is it not a big deal?
  • Any PICS of Conquest-class interiors?
  • How is the bed arrangement for 4 people with the 2 bunks?

Thanks!:D

It's doable. We did it with our 14-year-old and 11-year-old on Fantasy in 2009. It was cozy.

I thought I would hate it because I'm claustrophobic, but it was fine. It was actually really great for sleeping in because it's so dark.

We had a double with two drop-down bunks. When the bunks were down it was tricky, and we had to be careful walking around at night in the dark, but it was good for us.

We didn't spend much time in our cabin anyway.

I would do it again, if necessary.

I usually get an inside. I am not in the cabin enough to make it worth the extra money for an upgrade.

On the Glory a couple of months ago, with an inside, I thought the cabin had lots of room. There was only two of us. We are sailing on the Glory again in march - again in an inside - but this time with our son, daugherter in law and our 8 yr old grandson.

I am sure it will be tight but have no reservations about doing it.

Have a great cruise.

We only get insides. They are cheapest, plain and simple and they are fine. We always cruise with familiy and they (my brothers and sisters) all get balconies, so we have been on balconies and don't feel personally they are worth the extra $. There are 3 of us in the family ( 7 year old daughter) and for 3 years we lived in a 9x20 foot cabin (180 sq. ft) in the woods. We figure that the old cabin is the same size as our cruise rooms these days...so living for 7 days in a inside cabin...no problem!

As said so often...who cares what room your in...your on a cruise!

I read a tip on here a couple of years ago that said turn your TV to the channel with the bridge cam on and turn the volume all the way down so you don't hear the music. That way the room stays dark while you sleep and as the sun rises your room will brighten.

I was counting on this, but discovered that the Triumph doesn't have a bridge cam, or a fantail cam, or any kind of cam! I thought this was standard equipment on all cruise ships, but. . . no.

We booked an inside room for many of our first cruises and didn't mind them at all. The room size is just fine. My niece went on a cruise a few years ago with 5 of them in one cabin, three kids and she and her DH. They were crowded but did just fine. They wanted to be able to spend more on excursions, etc. so booked an inside room to save money. You'll be fine and will sleep great in your nice dark room. I have to admit I always brought a night light with us. Have fun.

here is a picture of our quad inside cabin on the Triumph, worked out fine with two teenage daughters, hubby would get ready for dinner then take off and wander around while us women folk got ready.

2336185950097654989S600x600Q85.jpg

if you click on the pic it will take you to some more.

here is a picture of our quad inside cabin on the Triumph, worked out fine with two teenage daughters, hubby would get ready for dinner then take off and wander around while us women folk got ready.

2336185950097654989S600x600Q85.jpg

if you click on the pic it will take you to some more.

I just clicked on your picture, and received a virus, my software caught it, so watch out. Not sure why.

Nice picture, did the beds come out of the wall or the ceiling?

I just clicked on your picture, and received a virus, my software caught it, so watch out. Not sure why.

Nice picture, did the beds come out of the wall or the ceiling?

strange it would say that i had a virus, did a check and all was fine, i have posted many pictures on here and this is the first time anyone has mentioned it.

I believe they came down from the ceiling, not positive lol that was a long time ago :p

I read a tip on here a couple of years ago that said turn your TV to the channel with the bridge cam on and turn the volume all the way down so you don't hear the music. That way the room stays dark while you sleep and as the sun rises your room will brighten.

That's what I do. I take a touch light, too, and it's good for getting up at night, but the webcam brightens as daylight comes and it lights up the cabin normally.

Archived