Tell me about Inside Cabins!

My family of 4 is considering going on another Carnival cruise, possibly on the Glory in November 2011. We will probably do this cruise "on the cheap", as the Oasis or Allure cruise probably next summer will be a spending extravaganza - I can already tell :rolleyes:

So, we've decided to try an interior cabin this time. (Porthole cabins are already sold out, :()

• Is the size difference (185 sq feet vs 220) noticable? We thought the Valor Oceanview (220) was perfectly fine sizewise.
  • How is the fact that you don't have a window? Is it really bad, or is it not a big deal?
  • Any PICS of Conquest-class interiors?
  • How is the bed arrangement for 4 people with the 2 bunks?

Thanks!:D

here is a few pictures from the glory. Cabin size is not that bad for 2 people, dont know what is like with 4 people in a quad. The best thing about an inside is that the room is always dark, makes sleeping a lot easier.

P1030146.JPG

P1030147.JPG

P1030143.JPG

(In this room, the bathroom is on the left and the closet space is on the left

One interesting thing i noticed about the Glory inside cabins was they seemed a tad smaller compare to the Miracle inside that was in a few years ago

Aw - you can make it work, especially family. The room size is fine. My first couple of cruises were interiors and I really didn't care - just made my way to the open decks for sun, etc. They are great for sleeping and if you have teenagers for kids, they will love it. The bunks are comfy and easy to maneuver around - actually, your cabin steward will probably put them up during the day and pull them down right before bed time. My best advise - stay neat and organized. Have Fun!

I dont really mind the lack of a window, especially if cruise price is an issue. When I cruise solo, I most always have an inside, and dont miss the window. I must admit that I do like to have the window or porthole, as it is nice to wakeup an know if it is still night, or morning, and on mornings into port, you can see if you are "there yet"! However, given the choice; ie, save bucks and spend those bucks elsewhere, ie; DOD's, shore excursions, steakhouse etc, or if not a big price difference, go for the window. If there is someone in your group who is claustrophobic, or someone who has issues with being closed in without windows, then it might depend on your group. But, personally, I am all for an inside stateroom, if it means that the savings will get you back on another cruise faster.!:)

One interesting thing i noticed about the Glory inside cabins was they seemed a tad smaller compare to the Miracle inside that was in a few years ago

All regular insides on Carnival are listed at 185 s.f.... but people also think balconys seem larger, even though they too are 185 s.f. inside (not counting the balcony)

Maybe its how square the cabin is or the shape of the cabin that makes some 185 s.f. cabins seem larger than others. Or maybe its the furniture?

OP enjoy the cruise .. you will be fine.

We had an inside cabin on the Inspiration 3 years ago with myself, hubby, and 3 sons. Loved the darkness of the cabin for sleeping! It was a little crowded with 5 people, but we made it work. We don't spend much time in the cabin anyway. We did book two cabins (inside) for our upcoming cruise on the Valor. They are all teens now, and I don't want to share a bathroom with them!

We love inside cabins! We are a family of three and we are all sleepers so it is perfect for us! We spend most of our time by the pool anyway. We did a balcony in Alaska and that was perfect but I have not missed it on the caribbean cruises.

I am booked in two inside cabins for our cruise on the Destiny in August...DH and I in one and my two teens in the other. For my past experience: My kids and I cruised a few years ago and were in an inside and it was just fine. DD had the upper bunk which she really liked which was folded up during the day by the steward and it could be brought down during the day if we wanted it. My kids at the time didn't like being in complete darkness at night and to solve that problem, we just kept the bathroom light on with the door opened just a hair to allow a very small stream of light into the room and was just fine...that way no one was bumping into anything in the night if we wanted to use the bathroom or get up for any other reason. We realized we were only in the room to sleep, shower, change, etc ...most of our time was spent elsewhere on the ship...and the money we saved went to better use on the trip.

I have no problems booking inside, nor does it feel claustrophic to me...it's just like being in a small room.

Bring a couple of those battery operated votive candles for night lights. That way if some go to bed early you can turn on a candle instead of turning on the main lights. They are also good to leave in the bathroom so you dont have to go blind for those late night potty breaks. :p

My family of 4 has done 5 out of 6 cruises in an inside cabin. We're always out on the ship and only use the cabin to sleep and shower, so it's never been a problem for us.

Before you book an inside cabin for all 4 of you, check out the prices for two cabins for 2 people each. Our last cruise and upcoming cruise were CHEAPER if we booked 2 cabins, rather than one! :eek: I don't know how/why, but it is. We're paying less than $2200 for two cabins on the Dream, and 1 cabin would've been almost $2400. You'll have to book an adult in each room, but if your kids are older you can switch roomates once on board.

Good luck!

Glory is a great ship, and she's been redone since I was on her last, so I know she's even better now. I agree, a room for four may be tight. We always book an IS or OCV, but with price drops, etc, we usually add a little more to get a balcony. We're looking at the Allure or Oasis for next summer also, and if the balcony is out of range, we'll get an IS without second thought.

We have been going back and forth for a while on a cruise this fall, and the price has been a real issue. But, we think that if we book interior we might can make it work, it's almost a 500 dollar difference! That would pay for nearly our entire Sign and Sail bill. So, I guess, since we are looking at the Dream, we will just have to find a nice place to sit on the promenade and enjoy being outside. (Unless a large influx of cash floats our way) Being on the ship in an inside cabin sure as heck beats not being on the ship at all.

My family of 4 has done 5 out of 6 cruises in an inside cabin. We're always out on the ship and only use the cabin to sleep and shower, so it's never been a problem for us.

Before you book an inside cabin for all 4 of you, check out the prices for two cabins for 2 people each. Our last cruise and upcoming cruise were CHEAPER if we booked 2 cabins, rather than one! :eek: I don't know how/why, but it is. We're paying less than $2200 for two cabins on the Dream, and 1 cabin would've been almost $2400. You'll have to book an adult in each room, but if your kids are older you can switch roomates once on board.

Good luck!

Maybe the prices dropped while you were researching it or something. Prices can change several times a day. Because it is always cheaper to book the 3rd and 4th person in the same cabin. Always. Carnival wouldn't make that mistake..

My family of 4 is considering going on another Carnival cruise, possibly on the Glory in November 2011. We will probably do this cruise "on the cheap", as the Oasis or Allure cruise probably next summer will be a spending extravaganza - I can already tell :rolleyes:

So, we've decided to try an interior cabin this time. (Porthole cabins are already sold out, :()

• Is the size difference (185 sq feet vs 220) noticable? We thought the Valor Oceanview (220) was perfectly fine sizewise.
  • How is the fact that you don't have a window? Is it really bad, or is it not a big deal?
  • Any PICS of Conquest-class interiors?
  • How is the bed arrangement for 4 people with the 2 bunks?

Thanks!:D

We've done 4 in an inside multiple times with 2 adults and 2 teens. It's doable. You have to be organized and tidy, but it's better than staying at home. Best advice is to keep the beds on the floor seperate and underneath the bunks. You can't cuddle with your sweetie at night but this is the best way to maximize floor space since the floor space under the bunks is kind of wasted anyways.

As others have said, inside cabins are great for sleeping but there is the issue of not knowing if it's day or night when you wake up. I don't mind not having a balcony or window because I don't stay in the cabin unless I'm sleeping. I read a tip on here a couple of years ago that said turn your TV to the channel with the bridge cam on and turn the volume all the way down so you don't hear the music. That way the room stays dark while you sleep and as the sun rises your room will brighten.

Heres a picture of my inside cabin on the Freedom.

094.jpg

Have a great cruise!

As others have said, inside cabins are great for sleeping but there is the issue of not knowing if it's day or night when you wake up. I don't mind not having a balcony or window because I don't stay in the cabin unless I'm sleeping. I read a tip on here a couple of years ago that said turn your TV to the channel with the bridge cam on and turn the volume all the way down so you don't hear the music. That way the room stays dark while you sleep and as the sun rises your room will brighten.

Heres a picture of my inside cabin on the Freedom.

094.jpg

Have a great cruise!

Excellent tip.. I was gonna mention that, too.. It's like having a window..

All cabins are pretty much the same, even insides. They're all built as little cubicles that lock together, same materials, same bedding, same service. We cruised once balcony, once oceanview and 3 times inside and we will probably stick with inside because we like it very much.

There are going to be 2 adults and 2 teens in our upcoming Magic cruise so I picked a cabin on the Lido deck where we can easily use the public bathrooms in the Spa or near the pools if needed. But I would have done the same no matter what category cabin I booked, one bathroom for 4 people is not enough.

What I worried about before cruising inside was the ventilation and I was pleasantly surprised. There is constant low-flow ventilation in cabins as well as higher ventilation when you turn on the bathroom light and they work well.

We like it dark when we sleep and boy do we sleep!

Family of 4 (16 and 14 yr old sons) and we have always had an inside cabin. You have to be organized and use your time wisely. We let DW go the the room earlier to get ready for dinner by herself. Then we run in and are out of there in about 1 hour total for the 3 boys. Aside from sleeping, which is great because of the darkness and quiet, I think I spend a total of 1 hour each day in the cabin.

Although this was on the Liberty of the Seas (cabins are smaller on RCI), here is a picture of what it will look like with the bunks down:

SDC14112.jpg

Archived