Towel Animals on Princess

Megalodon

We have had towel animals made for us each night on all of our 3 cruises! Maybe we look like the type that would enjoy towel animals? Lol. Well, we love them! It was always so fun to come back each night and see a new towel animal in our room. We always end up with quite the collection by the end of the cruise! It is an added touch that we absolutely adore! :)

I personally would like to find one on my bed when we get back to our room. I have a 10 yr old and in we look forward to it so much at Disney, call me a big kid but even without her traveling with us I wouldn't mind them! :)

Nope. Don't miss the towel animals or want them. I've had bad experiences with stewards going through drawers and pulling out personal items to decorate the towels. After feeling violated several times, I can live without them.

Pam - I agree with you. Something creepy about coming back to your room and finding your items (even if only sunglasses) used to make these towel decorations. :eek: We have cruised RCCL, who decorate towels nightly, more times than Princess and I have to say we don't miss this feature one bit. And one less thing for the overworked cabin stewards to do.

I can live without them. I much prefer that Stewart gets some down time. The only cruise I have ever even had one on, was when we were traveling with my grandson and it scared him. He made me put it in the closet so he couldn't see it. I think the room steward has enough to do without wasting his precious time making me animals.

Years ago when I traveled to Alaska with my kids I had bought them each a polar bear and a black bear. Our room steward would line them up in different scenes each time. If was kind of funny.

Towel animals are cute, but I really don't want them. I feel the ship's cabin stewards have enough to do without having to make all those animals. Give them a break!! Then I feel guilty when I destroy them. There is not enough space to have them around.

We had them on our recent Golden cruise. We had swans, birds in a nest and a cute monkey.IMG_0789.jpg.48196eae0bcd6f4196108026150e8d24.jpg

IMG_0885.jpg.e2d24996e01df263e65de0de7b340cf7.jpg

Our steward did a great job of keeping our room clean AND gave us towel animals. I think it's a nice treat to come back and find them.

We don't choose Princess for towel animals. If towel animals are wanted their is another cruiseline that will accomodate.

http://carnival-news.com/2011/06/16/carnival-cruise-lines-releases-latest-edition-of-towel-creations-helpful-how-to-guide-for-making-towel-animals-at-home/

Here's a link so you can make your own.

I agree with the others that they would have to buy more towels and that I'd rather have the steward keep the room clean and replenish the items that they are suppose to.

Towel animals probably come from stewards that learned it on another line.

We had them on our recent Golden cruise. We had swans, birds in a nest and a cute monkey.[ATTACH]198457[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]198458[/ATTACH]

Our steward did a great job of keeping our room clean AND gave us towel animals. I think it's a nice treat to come back and find them.

Maybe so, but someone else did without his attention for the time he spent making you an others useless animals.

Last January, my DH and I sailed Princess for the first time. It was his very first cruise, ever.

The next to the last night, I asked the Steward "I know y'all don't normally do this...but would there be any way you could make a towel animal for my DH...it's his first cruise." He smiled and agreed.

He made two animals: a rabbit and bunny and left them for us to find at different times.

DH was surprised and thought they were cool. I loved 'em too! We made sure to give the steward an extra tip for the extra measure!

On our last RCCL cruise, we only received one animal the entire cruise. It was fun, but I'm glad there weren't more. They are fun, but really do take up space (unless you "kill" it...which weirds me out for some reason) and can be such a waste.

No, I don't miss them. I think they're cute and all, but I'm fine without them. I, too, had instances where cabin stewards dug through my stuff looking for props. I found that creepy. I don't recall what cruise line it was, but some of them would lay out your night clothes in shapes on the bed. I started having to remember to hide my night clothes. Just keep my cabin kept up and I'll be happy.

Archived