Towel Animals on Princess

Megalodon

Does anyone else miss having Towel Animals when sailing on Princess ships?

I've always wondered why they don't make them for us. Yes, i know they leave chocolates on our pillow, yes I know they are supposed to be a little "upscale," but c'mon who doesn't LOVE towel animals?

Does anyone else miss having Towel Animals when sailing on Princess ships?

I've always wondered why they don't make them for us. Yes, i know they leave chocolates on our pillow, yes I know they are supposed to be a little "upscale," but c'mon who doesn't LOVE towel animals?

Our last cruise was on the Royal in March and we had a different towel animal every other night. It all depends on your room steward.

Nope. Don't miss the towel animals or want them. I've had bad experiences with stewards going through drawers and pulling out personal items to decorate the towels. After feeling violated several times, I can live without them.

I really like them. Our steward did them for us on the Ruby in March, but probably because we had my daughter with us. She really looked forward to seeing them each evening. He also left us a plate of chocolate chip cookies each night :)

I don't miss them. I think the room stewards have enough to do without making 19 towel animals for all their cabins. I think it is very nice for them to do it when people are traveling with small children but I certainly do not want or need them. I would rather he kept my ice bucket filled and clean wine glasses daily.

When I was 8 years old, I loved those towel animals.

After puberty, I developed other interests.

When a cruise line officially decides to have towel animals in your cabin every night, they must first purchase an additional $100,000 worth of towels for each ship to make it possible.

Guess who we pass those costs on to?

Then we must hire additional laundry staff to wash, dry, and fold all those towels.

We must purchase plenty of extra soap and make plenty of extra water to wash all those towels.

Each of the cabin stewards needs to work a few extra hours every day to fold all those animals. So instead of cleaning your cabin, he is making towel animals.

But they do find ways to be more efficient with them. After your cabin steward leaves the animal in your cabin for a day or two, rather than washing it and folding a new one, he just moves it to another cabin.

This is a fantastic way to spread Norwalk virus, STDs, and many other illnesses.

What have some of your neighbors been doing with those animals before they arrived in your cabin????

I don't miss them. I think the room stewards have enough to do without making 19 towel animals for all their cabins. I think it is very nice for them to do it when people are traveling with small children but I certainly do not want or need them. I would rather he kept my ice bucket filled and clean wine glasses daily.

Couldn't have said it better, myself. The couple times we've had them it was a pleasant surprise (one time in particular), but for the most part I agree with your last sentence 100%.

Well, and rather than the steward making towel animals, I would prefer he have some downtime for himself ... after his duties are completed.

Had towel animals all the time on HAL these past several years ... but I did not miss them on Princess. Our steward was excellent, and that more than made up for the lack of towel thingies.

Well I have to say that I am SOOOO glad that I've never "grown up" and become old fuddy-duddies like a lot of you seem to have.

I LOVE towel animals! They never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Why not just relax, stay a kid at heart, and enjoy the "little things" in life?

We didn't miss them at all the last 2 years when it was just my husband and me. This year we are taking the kids (12, 15, 18) and I think they would appreciate them. I hope their steward leaves them at least one animal!

I'm going to Alaska in a couple of weeks with DW and 12 year old DD. DD has a "Towel Orgami" book that shows how to fold several animals. She thought it would be fun to make a different animal for the steward every day to find in the room. However, DD will not be leaving the chocolate for him or her...

I really like the above response :D

On our first family cruise, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 on the Diamond our cabin Steward, made towel animals for the kids.

Dear love even showed our DD, 10, how to make them too.

Sent her home with a flannel/face cloth he foled and taped into a mouse. Used a marker pen for the eyes and whiskers.

She sleeps with it just like her other toys.

NB: It was a clean flannel!

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

Nope. Don't miss the towel animals or want them. I've had bad experiences with stewards going through drawers and pulling out personal items to decorate the towels. After feeling violated several times, I can live without them.

WOW!!! Pam I would never have thought!!! Was this on Princess? Boy, travelling alone can have downsides!

OK!!! After getting that off my chest (I just can't believe this could take place) we had our first cruise on CB about 2 years ago. Didn't have animal towels and didn't miss them.

Last winter we took a very last minute cruise on Carnival Pride (wonderful cruise for the price) and every night we got a new animal towel. My wife loved it and I took photos of them. They also had a book on how to make these and my wife bought it. She intends to make some for our grandchildren.

What I think might be neet.... If my wife were to make animal towels for the room steward and have it waiting for him/her each morning.

Anyway here is a 3D photo of the towels we got on Carnival Pride.

towels.jpg

I'm going to Alaska in a couple of weeks with DW and 12 year old DD. DD has a "Towel Orgami" book that shows how to fold several animals. She thought it would be fun to make a different animal for the steward every day to find in the room. However, DD will not be leaving the chocolate for him or her...

Sorry about my post, I only read yours after posting mine. I got to the post from Pam and just hit quote without reading the other posts first.

I didn't mean to steal your thunder! Or borrow it????:eek:

Archived