Prescription Medicine - refill on board?

engrdad

you need to get your doctor to give you sufficient for the trip - I run a surgery and we only ask for proof of the trip to provide sufficient. We would much rather the patient takes sufficient than end up with issues that cause them medical issues and more costs

She should talk with her doctor about the time she will be away. Our doctor always makes sure we have an adequate amount of the medications we need, and medications we might need. In the might need I'm referring to antibiotics, nausea, etc.

I don't know which question you both are responding to (the original post -started in 2011 and resolved; or the one brought up in post #42 this past December).

If it's the second question, that's also been resolved, but the issue wasn't that the doctor wouldn't give them the medication, as the doctor was fine with issuing the prescription for the medication. The problem was the state the poster lives in - state law prohibits more than a 30 day supply at a time to be dispensed. And the poster was taking a 4 month cruise and was trying to figure out how to get the medication.

I don't know which question you both are responding to (the original post -started in 2011 and resolved; or the one brought up in post #42 this past December).

If it's the second question, that's also been resolved, but the issue wasn't that the doctor wouldn't give them the medication, as the doctor was fine with issuing the prescription for the medication. The problem was the state the poster lives in - state law prohibits more than a 30 day supply at a time to be dispensed. And the poster was taking a 4 month cruise and was trying to figure out how to get the medication.

OK, my error, I didn't notice the date. We had a four month trip in 2013 so had been down that road. :)

• 3 years later...
Did you note you were replying to a six year old thread? Hopefully, OP solved their problem long ago.

Yes - an old thread for sure. Things have changed in recent years and California is no exception:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.peoplespharmacy.com/posts/patients-in-pain-are-outraged-about-new-hydrocodone-rules

Sent from my iPhone using Forums