Capri & cropped jeans

ciship

Ladies, I am looking for a brand of capri or cropped jeans that are NOT low rise or mid rise. Can't bare to wear the low rise jeans. I need at least an 11-1/2 or 12 inch rise....or something that states "at waist".......not below it. Love the cropped jeans that have the built in cuff at the hem.

Any suggestions?

One of my favorite brands was always Lee Riders...I just got a pair of stretch denim Riders capris at, of all places...Wal-Mart. They have the "at waist" styling and fit nicely. Levis makes a Slenderizing version of trouser pants that aren't too low waisted, but I have not seen a capri or crop style...let me know if you find a dressier black capri! Good luck!

I love Not Your Daughters Jeans. I have a cropped pair, long pair, black pair. They make my butt look better with the way they place the pockets. They are forgiving enough at the waist for those of us who are not as thin as we once were. The thighs aren't so tight, you can sit down and the line hangs straight from the hip, so it helps to reduce the appearance of a wider hip.

I talked my sister into buying a pair, she had never paid that much for a pair of jeans in the past. Within 2 weeks, she was back getting her second pair in a different color.

I love love LOVE the look of these.........but, the RISE on each one was only 8 or 9 inches. I have got to have atleast a 11-1/2 inch rise or more......boo hoo........these were a great looking style!

Are you sure that you want an 11 1/2 in. or longer rise? Unless you are really tall (as in over 6 ft.) I think that that length would put your jeans in the "up to or over the waist" category, which is really not flattering on most women. Remember Jessica Simpson in her high-waisted jeans a couple of years ago?

Are you sure that you want an 11 1/2 in. or longer rise? Unless you are really tall (as in over 6 ft.) I think that that length would put your jeans in the "up to or over the waist" category, which is really not flattering on most women. Remember Jessica Simpson in her high-waisted jeans a couple of years ago?

I'm on 5'8", but my torso is long. If I have anything under 11 inches, I am constantly pulling up my pants. It's just very uncomfortable. I never wear anything tucked in....usually wear tunic tops....so, I am OK with them being at my waist.

...let me know if you find a dressier black capri! Good luck!

I just bought some at Kohls this weekend. They are 212 brand and they sit at the waist. The fit is pretty good--I was worried at first as I was putting them on--they seemed like they would be snug, but once I got them all the way up, the fit was nearly perfect on me. They have black, grey, raspberry, white, kind of a tan color and a lighter sort of "stone" color.

I just bought some at Kohls this weekend. They are 212 brand and they sit at the waist. The fit is pretty good--I was worried at first as I was putting them on--they seemed like they would be snug, but once I got them all the way up, the fit was nearly perfect on me. They have black, grey, raspberry, white, kind of a tan color and a lighter sort of "stone" color.

I'm trying Kohl's and Sears this week. Only two places I haven't hit yet.

Thanks! After I posted, I checked Kohl's online and saw those...hope my local store has them!

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and capri's sit at the natural waist.

They can be found at Penny's.

Not expensive at all.

JC Penney's is my "go to" store. That store rarely lets me down, but I went yesterday and had no luck. The only pair that came up to my waist was too small in the calf area (why do they make the hem opening so small?). I ran over to Sears and found 1 pair there that are just ok (I was getting desparate).:(

Bummer the ones from zappos are not a high enough rise. I thought since the back was higher they might be what you are looking for. What if you bought a pair of regular length jeans and took them to a tailor and had them cropped with a cuff at the bottom? Probably a straight leg with a slight flare at the bottom (not a true bootcut but not too skinny of a leg) would give you a cute hem style. I'm sure your tailor could tell you how it would look before cutting them.

Bummer the ones from zappos are not a high enough rise. I thought since the back was higher they might be what you are looking for. What if you bought a pair of regular length jeans and took them to a tailor and had them cropped with a cuff at the bottom? Probably a straight leg with a slight flare at the bottom (not a true bootcut but not too skinny of a leg) would give you a cute hem style. I'm sure your tailor could tell you how it would look before cutting them.

This is a great suggestion!!

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans and capri's sit at the natural waist.

They can be found at Penny's.

Not expensive at all.

Gloria Vanderbelt was all I wore for the last 10 years... until I discovered the Coldwater Creek stuff this year, lol.

JCP is one of my go to stores, over half my wardrobe is from there.

I'm with you on disliking "low rise" jeans & capris. I also gave up button/zip pants years ago and wear strickly stretch waist jeans and twill pants. I'm curvy and if I get pants to fit in the hips the waist is huge.

I did get a pair of these from Kohl's in white. I don't normally like stretch jeans but these actually looked nice--didn't make me look too porky. I purchased extra large but after wearing them for the first time yesterday I think I could have gotten away with a large (I'll see how they wash first)

http://www.kohls.com/kohlsStore/womens/brandswomen/croftbarrow/bottoms/PRD~750204/Croft+and+Barrow+PullOn+Denim+Capris.jsp

They're 10.5 midrise but they're worth a shot. The one cricitism cited is that they do have an elastic band in the back that some may consider "old lady-ish."

Archived