Recent Lunch Menu in MDR

msheep

I saw from some previous threads and reviews that there are more than one lunch menu on different days of the cruise. However, I’ve read from another thread recently that there is only one lunch menu offer throughout the cruise. Did anyone had lunch in the MDR recently and can confirm?

Thanks a lot in advance!

On the Dream and Magic they just have one Menu and John Heald posted on his blog that they are considering going fleet wide with a menu more like that brunch menu. (so just one menu)

Most ships do not have their MDR open on embarkation day so you might only have one sea day on a 3 day cruise so there is only one lunch menu. There is usually a pasta dish, a Build your own Burger, one seafood, one beef, one salad, and one vegetarian. They are all very similiar recipes and if they saw the burger they might have assumed it was the same. (When the day before isn't in front of you easy to think its the same)

I say most ships because I haven't sailed out of Puerto Rico which has a 10 pm sail away and I have read that their MDR is open the first night. And ships can be delayed in boarding so you never know.

John also posted that they were trying to encourage more people to eat in the MDR so maybe it will be open more.

Hope this helps!

Typically the MDR is only open for lunch on sea days, so depending on your itinerary you may see multiple menus. We've always experienced different menus on sailings with multiple sea days.

I saw from some previous threads and reviews that there are more than one lunch menu on different days of the cruise. However, I’ve read from another thread recently that there is only one lunch menu offer throughout the cruise. Did anyone had lunch in the MDR recently and can confirm?

Thanks a lot in advance!

We debarked the Glory on Saturday. MDR for lunch was open only on sea days and there was a different lunch menu each day. The peppersteak was amazingly good.

Thanks for all the answers!! I will be sailing on Glory, so it's very helpful!

I was too excited about my first cruise, I forgot that I will only have two sea days, so even if the menus are the same, it wouldn't make a big difference :p But it's nice to know that the menu could be different, so maybe I'll try lunch in MDR for both sea days! :D

this is disappointing.

i like the variety at lunch as much as the variety at dinner.

always hated there was only one boring menu for breakfast.

now, i hope they don't copy rccl, who puts out the same fare, day after day, at their buffet restaurant.

Thanks for all the answers!! I will be sailing on Glory, so it's very helpful!

I was too excited about my first cruise, I forgot that I will only have two sea days, so even if the menus are the same, it wouldn't make a big difference :p But it's nice to know that the menu could be different, so maybe I'll try lunch in MDR for both sea days! :D

msheep,

Have a wonderful time. FYI......The Lasagna Bolognaise (sp?) at dinner, night 1, was phenomenal (and my name is Gina). The soups were not as good as we have had on other Carnival ships. The Emerald is worth the price. I would not take young kids. The chocolate melting cake is still fabulous! The salads were truly good each and every day, even at the buffet. Get to the port early (We were on the ship by 11:30) and there is plenty of seating at the Red Sail to eat and watch the parade pass by. Do not miss the Mongolian and visit fish and chips for lunch. Bring two sweaters, for layering, and an umbrella. You may get lucky and have great weather, but be prepared. We never eat breakfast at the buffet. Enjoy the service in the dining room in the morning and don't forget to put a Rise and Shine order card for coffee (and other goodies) on your door at night. It does arrive when you request it to. Good cruise. Have fun!

Yes, with the EXCEPT of the vacation sundae - I did not like the lunch menu on the Dream. LOVED that sundae. I asked for it one night for dessert and got one! I don't find the old lunch menu weird but the new one has weird stuff on it. Or stuff is fixed not how I would eat it. And you couldn't tell that from the description. Fish and Chips.... it was not good. It had mayo on it. The clam chowder was good but I could eat like 3 bowls. (It was actually pretty)

Thanks for the menu, for the new style menu, did anyone had experience ordering BOTH the clam chowder soup and a sandwich? Or I can only order one plate from each category?

you can order whatever and how many you like.

Thanks for the menu, for the new style menu, did anyone had experience ordering BOTH the clam chowder soup and a sandwich? Or I can only order one plate from each category?

msheep,

The menus on the five day Glory last week were:

The same MDR breakfast menu each day as found on Zydecocruisers links above.

And "old" MDR lunch menus 1 and 3 on the Zydeco links. Menu 1 was first sea day and menu 3 was the second (and last) sea day. The pepper steak really was amazing. Comes with a dumpling, Yum. Note that at lunch, you order your dessert when you order everything else. Not so at dinner.

At all meals in the MDR.....you can order everything if you like! Enjoy.......

At dinner last week, a couple sitting near us ate 4-5 appetizers each and every night. They were adorable, truly enjoying their dinner, each other and a bottle of wine each night.

No offense to Carnival, but that new menu looked disgusting. I agree with the person who stated earlier that it wasn't that it was bad, just not the norm. Now I know that alot of people think that changing something is in a way a way to jazz it up, but in reality, cold hard reality, things are served the way they are because they are good. I don't like cheese on my club sandwich, or ranch dressing, I like mayo, I like tarter sauce on a fish sandwich, I like it on white, not wheat. I will miss their ribs, their tomato baguette sandwich, oh well maybe if they make is so weird no one will want lunch in the MDR, they can close it and we all have to eat the mediocre food on the buffet.:confused::eek:

No offense to Carnival, but that new menu looked disgusting. I agree with the person who stated earlier that it wasn't that it was bad, just not the norm. Now I know that alot of people think that changing something is in a way a way to jazz it up, but in reality, cold hard reality, things are served the way they are because they are good. I don't like cheese on my club sandwich, or ranch dressing, I like mayo, I like tarter sauce on a fish sandwich, I like it on white, not wheat. I will miss their ribs, their tomato baguette sandwich, oh well maybe if they make is so weird no one will want lunch in the MDR, they can close it and we all have to eat the mediocre food on the buffet.:confused::eek:

marshhawk,

I read your post and was wondering what you were writing about. Then I read you tag and now I am really wondering what you are writing about!

What happened to trying the new?

You can order as much as you want.

I didn't try, but if something is disgusting to you, tell them to leave it off.

I thought the fish sandwich was amazing, but too much food. Next time I'll ask for just one piece of fish. If it still comes with two that I'll just take one off.

If I try the Club Sandwich, I'll request it without ham, cheese, egg, of funny stuff and if they can't figure out how to put mayo on it, bring a side of mayo. If they can do that, then I should also be able to get a BLT by leaving off different stuff.

I'm certain you can still get a plain hamburger without all the funny stuff.

The only complaint I have about the new lunch menu is too much food - especially if you order more than one thing, including desert.

Archived