question for the more experienced RCI cruisers

My mom and I are thinking of booking a last minute cruise for the beginning of July. I would rather go on RCI than Carnival. For the couple of front-runners, there are rooms available according to the various websites. When I go to price them, I have to enter the two adults and my DS 7. That is where the trouble starts. Apparently, none of the rooms can handle the additional person. Here is my question: do you think RCI and their computer system can override the issue so we can book the room? Why you ask? DS will likely sleep in the middle of my mom and me. When DH and I cruised on the Allure in June, he slept on the couch. No, it was not pulled out. He was afraid to sleep in the pulldown bed (from the ceiling). He is on the small side (42 pounds). We don't need a third bed. I haven't called RCI yet. I wanted to see what your opinions would be. Thanks everyone.

Iv heard them allowing you to book with a baby, never with a 7 year old when there is not a 3rd bed.

Call them and ask?? So, there are no 3 pax cabins left when you put in for 3 pax? Have you tried for 4 .. maybe if there are quads left they might override the system.

Not that it could not be remedied pretty easy but a room not designed for three would not have three life jackets - also muster stations are calculated by lifeboat occupancy. There may well be Coast Guard and other regulations involved.

My mom and I are thinking of booking a last minute cruise for the beginning of July. I would rather go on RCI than Carnival. For the couple of front-runners, there are rooms available according to the various websites. When I go to price them, I have to enter the two adults and my DS 7. That is where the trouble starts. Apparently, none of the rooms can handle the additional person. Here is my question: do you think RCI and their computer system can override the issue so we can book the room? Why you ask? DS will likely sleep in the middle of my mom and me. When DH and I cruised on the Allure in June, he slept on the couch. No, it was not pulled out. He was afraid to sleep in the pulldown bed (from the ceiling). He is on the small side (42 pounds). We don't need a third bed. I haven't called RCI yet. I wanted to see what your opinions would be. Thanks everyone.

for a child that age you need to have a bed, irregardless if they use them. They will not let you override it but they may have a a room for 4 that they will let you book, but that could be under capacity control also.

Not knowing which ship, it is hard to say exactly...but many of the July cruises for less than suites do not have 3/4 person cabins available at this point. Since there are three of you it would require the room capacity for 3/4pax.

As Sue said if you find one with 4 beds you may not be able to get it due to RCCL wanting to sell it only to 4 passengers.

You may want to consider bringing a friend and getting 2 cabins.

Archived