Bayonne to Laguardia.Newark Airport?

ColoradoCrusin

My family and I (6 total) sailed out of Cape Liberty back in April. We flew in and out of Laguardia because the flight was cheaper from Atlanta. After researching everything, we used Village Car Services. It cost us $340 one way for two cars which included tolls and tips. I would highly recommend them. They were definitely cheaper than a taxi and there were waiting for us at the airport and at the port upon our return.

Terry from Georgia

Going to book Silhouette TA 10/22/11 and wondering if anyone knows best way to get from the port at Bayonne NJ to Laguardia and/or Newark Airport; how long it the transfer will take; and what it might cost.

Bayonne to LGA would be best to use a car service. It is a pretty long ways. Bayonne to EWR is very easy cab ride or shuttle service at the pier.

If you look at the East Coast Departures Board there is a lot of info on your questions....

We have gotten off the ship there 2 times. 2006 and Nov. 2009.

Both times they had very organized lines for group shuttles. Separate line for each major airport including Newark, LaGuardia and JFK. I don't remember the fares. We were going to Newark and I thought the rates were very reasonable. We had not pre booked anything, had expected to take a taxi but took the shuttle.

Hi Paula. Just saw your last post. I have found the folks over at the East Coast Departures section of this board to be very helpful. We are sailing out of Cape Liberty on 7/3 and have never been to that particular port. From what I gather it is a $40-50 cab ride from Newark airport to the port and there is a shuttle that goes from the port back to Newark after your cruise for $15 per person.

From what I gather, the cost to LaGuardia would be substantially higher so you may want to factor that into your airfare calculations.

Give the folks over at the East Coast Departures section a try - I think you will be very pleased with their generous, helpful spirit. David

. . . . there is a shuttle that goes from the port back to Newark after your cruise for $15 per person.

Can the shuttle transfer be purchased through Celebrity while on board? Or is it independent - purchased after disembarking? Thanks for any info.

We leave from Cape Liberty in August. I want to meet up with a grad school friend from NJ. I was told we can check bags at 1 and board at 3 by travel agent, but posts suggest earlier boarding. DH will be chomping at the bit to board.

How strict are boarding times? Any suggestions on where to wait, before or after cruise, to meet up with friend for a snack and conversation (other than Houlihan's, which doesn't open til 11 am)?

Thanks.

We leave from Cape Liberty in August. I want to meet up with a grad school friend from NJ. I was told we can check bags at 1 and board at 3 by travel agent, but posts suggest earlier boarding. DH will be chomping at the bit to board.

How strict are boarding times? Any suggestions on where to wait, before or after cruise, to meet up with friend for a snack and conversation (other than Houlihan's, which doesn't open til 11 am)?

Thanks.

Your Travel Agent is giving the cruise line suggested times. USUALLY boarding starts around 11am, with check-in starting around 10, but subject to variability based on ship delays and problems with the previous cruise clearing customs. Note that your cabin will not be accessible until about 1p, so you will be "stuck" with your carry-ons until then.

The ship [due to Homeland Security rules] IS strict about the cut-off time for late boarders [90 minutes prior, I think], but that doesn't sound like an issue for you.

Thom

Can the shuttle transfer be purchased through Celebrity while on board? Or is it independent - purchased after disembarking? Thanks for any info.

The $15 price sounds like the private shuttles that you either pre-arrainge, or in the case of Bayone, have just been available as you leave the ship - sort of like sharing a taxi in an organized line with a dispatcher.

Thanks.

I'll confirm what TravelerThom said above. On every Celebrity ship at every port we've been to the boarding starts within an hour or so of the last passenger disembarking unless there is an unusual inspection or an unusual event such as a special ship cleaning after a cruise with a norovirus breakout. Generally boarding starts between 11 and noon and the porters will start checking bags as soon as they finish carrying bags for the disembarking passengers.

If you do board early you will not be able to get to your cabin until about 1PM when they are completed. You'll be directed to the buffet for lunch but have the run of all public areas of the ship to explore. You will have to lug any carryons until the cabin is cleared. Some people sneak into their cabins to drop their carryons in a closet but if you do this be aware that the rooms will not be secured until the cabin stewards, and other prep staff, are completely done preparing them for you.

Archived