Kahului to Lahaina without renting a car??

langleyfld

We want to walk around Lahaina for awhile but do not want the hassle of renting a car for a few hours. What options are available to get from Kahului to Lahaina without renting a car? Is their a shuttle or bus service and how to walk to them for port?

Or does anyone have better suggestions of what to do; we have booked the "Road to Hana" the previous day in port.

POA has a shore excursion called 'Lahaina on your own'. From what I understand it is a bus that takes you over drops you off and picks you up later in the day. We didn't use it as we hired a car.

hey Rebecca:D

you guys must really like Hawaii . back again in September? we are going to Hawaii ,Rhapsody of the Seas, Sept 9-22 leave from Vancouver. can tell me what is your plan for this Sept?

we booked old lahaina luau ( old traditional sitting, lols) dont know i can do this... can you tell us about this old lahaina luau?

thx again Rebecca. to be honest you make my plan so much easier hahaha

Corey

hey Rebecca:D

you guys must really like Hawaii . back again in September? we are going to Hawaii ,Rhapsody of the Seas, Sept 9-22 leave from Vancouver. can tell me what is your plan for this Sept?

we booked old lahaina luau ( old traditional sitting, lols) dont know i can do this... can you tell us about this old lahaina luau?

thx again Rebecca. to be honest you make my plan so much easier hahaha

Corey

We normally wouldn't return to the same place again so soon but my sister is having her wedding reception in Maui so we decided to go on the cruise again since we have to go back anyway! We're still planning our trip. (Lot less stressful and anxious about it since it's round 2.) I've only got Maui planned so far...

Maui (4 days): Walk around Lahaina, snorkel Black Rock/go to Kaanapali Beach, Haleakala Crater, Rainforest & Waterfall Hike excursion

Loose plans for Oahu...

Oahu (1 night post-cruise): North Shore, hike Diamond Head, new exhibits at Pearl Harbor

That's it right now. Still planning the rest.

As for Old Lahaina Luau, have you seen my review?

http://moonprincess.com/travel/category/cruises/hawaii-2010/

Click on the first Maui link. My review, photos, and video are there! It's great! You'll enjoy it! Loved it so much that I'm treating my mom and brother to go in September.

Archived