Flash Mob on the Oasis???

I just watched a video on Youtube of a flash mob dance on the Allure and one on the Independance. Does anyone know if they have this activity on the Oasis? I've been looking at recent Compasses and saw Hairspray and Michael Jackson dance classes but no flash mob. Do they call it something else.

Please tell me what you know. This sounds like so much fun.

I just watched a video on Youtube of a flash mob dance on the Allure and one on the Independance. Does anyone know if they have this activity on the Oasis? I've been looking at recent Compasses and saw Hairspray and Michael Jackson dance classes but no flash mob. Do they call it something else.

Please tell me what you know. This sounds like so much fun.

Yes! As soon as you get onboard check with the people cause I looked everywhere on the cruise compass and it wasn't there! With that being said, the actual flash mob I missed it by seconds all I heard was the music and saw a few people dancing in the other side of the promenade. It was on day 1 and it was at around 4:45 in the royal promenade a few minutes before the sail away

Yes! As soon as you get onboard check with the people cause I looked everywhere on the cruise compass and it wasn't there! With that being said, the actual flash mob I missed it by seconds all I heard was the music and saw a few people dancing in the other side of the promenade. It was on day 1 and it was at around 4:45 in the royal promenade a few minutes before the sail away

I also read somewhere else that it was on day one and wondered how in the world could they get it organized for the first day on the ship. That didn't make sense. The youtube site also has a short clip of the rehearsal which was right on the promanade. The instructor is showing them the moves but there is no music playing. I really hope we can do it when we go.

I also read somewhere else that it was on day one and wondered how in the world could they get it organized for the first day on the ship. That didn't make sense. The youtube site also has a short clip of the rehearsal which was right on the promanade. The instructor is showing them the moves but there is no music playing. I really hope we can do it when we go.

Yeah I think they just teach the guests the dance during the first few hours of the cruise and by 4:45, everyone's ready to go...If you really want to do this flash mob which would be really cool, I'd suggest getting on the ship early and going as soon as possible to guest services and ask around...I still have the cruise compass for the first day and it's no where to be found...I have no clue how people find out about the flash mob...who knows?

Yeah I think they just teach the guests the dance during the first few hours of the cruise and by 4:45, everyone's ready to go...If you really want to do this flash mob which would be really cool, I'd suggest getting on the ship early and going as soon as possible to guest services and ask around...I still have the cruise compass for the first day and it's no where to be found...I have no clue how people find out about the flash mob...who knows?

Ha! It must be a bigger secret then the Quest game lol.

I was on the Oasis 6/4-6/11 and went to the Flash mob dance class. We were on the Eastern....and the classes were at 2:30 on Thursday and Friday. The flash mob dance itself was kind of a let down because it's not a true flash mob. It occurs in a roped off area during the "Farewell Surprise" on Friday night. We thought it would be during a random part of the day but it wasn't. It was still fun though!

I'm glad the OP asked, and the first day thing caught me by surprise as well. On Allure it was day 6 and there was at least 2, I think three rehearsals. My wife loved it and is always telling people how she is on Youtube. It was one of her favorite part of the cruise. If I was to book a 2012 cruise this might be one small factor, though I have to wonder how long they will continue doing this. Its still a trendy thing. But I suspect they will move on to something else after awhile.

If they posted it, it not a flash mob. Its a bunch of people dancing together.

Not completely accurate, but you do understand the concept. I can't remember exactly how my wife found out, I think the crew member who taught some dance classes and other activities mentioned it a few times, I think it was mentioned in the compass (the practices) but I could be wrong, but the actual event wasn't publicized, you had to know when it was by attending the practices, but they didn't publish when it actually occurred to surprise people.

We saw a couple flash mob (or whatever you want to call them) performances on our recent Allure cruise.

One of them was with Lady Gaga music, the other featured Michael Jackson tunes.

I don't think it was published, but the crew would announce them every once in a while, so there was no real surprise involved.

I seem to remember them happening on days 4 and 6, or something like that. Can't imagine newly embarking passengers participating on day 1. Maybe if there was a flash mob on day 1, it was with crew.

If they posted it, it not a flash mob. Its a bunch of people dancing together.

I agree.

The whole point of a 'flash mob' is to catch the folks in the immediate area off guard and then entertained. The organization of it should be hush hush I would think. :o

Weather your dancing or not-the point is supposed to be a fun time for all.

Archived