Royal Romance

well i just called RCCL royal romance dept and i had read someone on the board saying talking to them is like pulling teeth. Well it was not a exageration. WOW the girl was no help whatsoever. Does any one used a consultant of worth at Royal romance that could be recommended?

• 4 months later...

I also originally spoke with Juanita when I was calling to get information on cruise weddings before making the final decision and she was absolutly wonderful. When I called back and booked my wedding she was unavailable so Sylvia booked my wedding. She is the one I have been dealing with (she emailed me the contract and stuff and I prefer email communication since its all in writing) so I could do it via email and haven't had problems. Hope this helps!

I have no advice of who you could talk to becausee my experience was the same as yours! I contacted them and kept asking the same question over and over and they didn't understand at all what I was asking. I ended up deciding to not use Royal Romance at all. Ended up saving me about $800 in the end.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I have an absolutely horrid coordinator too. I sent her an email with 1 question on Monday and she didn't get back to me until Friday. When she did it was a vague response that didn't answer the question at all. Seems like it's luck of the draw and we both lost this time. Oh well.

My best advice is to do what we're doing. Make the absolute minimum plans with her and do everything you can through your own travel agent. Also, don't get too specific with her on things like the cake and flowers. This seems to be something that most cruise lines with accommodate you with whatever you want once you're on board but the coordinator will try to charge you extra for. EG: She wanted to charge me extra to put a ribbon on the cake (I would have to provide the ribbon) and bouquet jewelry in the flowers (again, I would have to provide the bouquet jewelry.) I know that if I hand these things to the coordinator at boarding, he or she will just make it happen. This strategy should work as were not getting married on embarkation day so they'll have 24hrs to make the adjustments. If you're getting married on embarkation day, this might not work as well for you.

Hi, I've been dealing with Ginette, but I wouldn't exactly recommend her! Same problems as everyone else really, you ask a question and get a very vague response that doesnt quite answer the question!!

I asked for some advice on what time to book my hair & make up appointment at a salon in St Thomas, as I knew we'd have to go to the court house first thing to do all the legal stuff. The response I got was 'why arent you booking your hair and make up onboard the ship'!!!!!

I replied with 'well if you read the original information you sent me, you would know that there is no ship-board make up. Therefore I would prefer to get everything done sat the same place.'

I dont understand why people get jobs as wedding coordinators if they aren't prepared to help.

well i just called RCCL royal romance dept and i had read someone on the board saying talking to them is like pulling teeth. Well it was not a exageration. WOW the girl was no help whatsoever. Does any one used a consultant of worth at Royal romance that could be recommended?

sorry just noticed this thread was started in June...

We booked with Royal Romance to handle our destination wedding. My experience has been pretty good. If I had any complaint it would be small--in ordering our save the date notices the lady I worked with was nonresponsive for a few weeks but everything arrived correct and I did not work with her again. :)I have worked extensively with Sylvia and she has been great! Always answered my inquiries immediately whether by phone or email. Even when I would call back (for fear that paperwork was lost or some random thing needed to be accomplished) she was on it. I also spoke with another representative that informed me I can have accopella music at the ceremony which made me happy. I wanted to walk up the aisle singing to my future husband and so I can have it! We are having a very small party, with only 6 sailing and 3 non-sailing guests. We opted not to do a reception as we would have had to pay for 16 guests (waste of money), but chose to pay for champagne/punch for everyone. I will post comments from the Eastern Caribbean cruise we are taking on Oasis of Seas (Nassau, Charlotte Amalie and St. Maarten) upon our return. Just wanted to give some positive feedback for Royal Romance as they have done well by us thus far.

• 2 weeks later...

We are getting married in Hawaii in September 2012 and honestly, Royal Romance keeps putting me on hold for 40mins at a time and when I actually do get a person, they give me very vague answers. It makes me feel queezy not knowing where my wedding will actually be until 2 weeks before sailing and that the picture package is ridiculous if you want a cd with un-touched pictures (1000$ with 30 days shared rights). A wedding without reception for 5 people would be over 4,500$ with Royal Romance...

Then again, if I book with an island coordinator, I risk losing my money if the boat misses the port.

...why can't things just be easy??

Has anyone actually had a positive Royal Romance wedding experience post-cruise?

I have a hard time finding positive reviews...

I'd love to hear some!

Finally! RR let us know that we are the only wedding scheduled for that day so we should be able to have the time and place we want for ceremony and reception. Although they say we have to wait until 2 weeks before sailing before they confirm it, there shouldn't be any problem. Keeping our fingers crossed!:cool:

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm lucky. I got Sylvia the first time I called and have been working with her exclusively. I had a list of questions the first time I called and she was able to pretty much answer all of them quickly. She did refer me to the brochure sometimes when I asked questions so I would recommend asking for the brochure first, reading through it and then making a list of questions you have.

She sent me an email so now I have her direct extension and can work with her each time. The other day I called and was put in her voicemail and she called me back within about 2 minutes. I've been taking very good minutes each time I talk to her just for reference.

Since everyone has to be at the pier at 10:30 anyway I am just putting 1 p.m. on my invitations (which is in the window of time she gave me). The people that RSVP "yes" I will send more details out to letting them know the exact place/time when I get it.

I'm not going into this with expectations of the ceremony being super formal and organized. I know there will be hiccups. I just want to feel pretty and I want everyone to have a good time.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh so frustrated trying to contact royal romance all week. Every time I call I get a voice mail that has a mail box that is full, I tried emailing them and get an auto response saying to call the 888 number and same number I don't get an answer with. Definitely not starting out well!

I emailed my Royal Romance contact last week and when she still hadn't responded to me as of yesterday I called. Keep in mind I usually call after 5 p.m. and I have always gotten someone on the phone. Anyway, when I called my consultants direct line it went to someone else who explained to me that Royal Romance had always been outsourced to a third party and as of January 1 they brought it in house (meaning you work directly with a Royal Caribbean employee).

Honestly, I think this sounds better. I did have to review all of my paperwork and questions with the new person, but she was able to quickly pull up our paperwork from my old coordinator. She then sent me an email with her contact information and said she would have all of my answers back to me by next week. She was emailing me at 8 p.m. last night also and they close at 6 p.m. so I thought that was impressive.

Anyway, I don't think they have contacted any brides to tell them about the change so you may want to contact them if you have a wedding scheduled.

Thank you! I haven't worked with anyone directly yet, I've just been trying to be able to reach someone and I've not been able to yet anyone, and I've tried different times and still nothing. Hopefully, Ill be able to get an answer this week.

Thank you! I haven't worked with anyone directly yet, I've just been trying to be able to reach someone and I've not been able to yet anyone, and I've tried different times and still nothing. Hopefully, Ill be able to get an answer this week.

Is this the number you are calling? 888-933-7225

I don't want to post her info on the board, but if you email me I will send you my coordinators email address and you could try that way. kristi_k1052 at hotmail dot com

:cool:Called Royal Romance this morning after reading about RCI taking over. I spoke with a very nice woman who told me that RCI did take over all Royal Romance accounts as of Jan. 1st. She said they are in the process of contacting people (in order of their event) I only gave her our wedding date and she pulled up all information so it seems like they are on top of things.

That is the same number I've called up yo twenty times a day for over a week now and never got anything but a full voicemail, thinking about other options now even though I would rather go with them.

Not to scare you, but when I'm spending my money I expect top notch service. I should not have to call 20 times and still get no response. That says to me, they don't need your money.

If you do, get to speak with them, I would impress that thought on them. This is not a $20 transaction we are dealing with.

Archived