Senior Staff Questions

ChiefSealthCruz

Good afternoon everyone.

I set up the M&G on my sailing and have things pretty much nailed down. Reading about other M&Gs, I came across a posting where someone wrote down a list of questions for the Captain and other senior staff. I would like to know what to ask them, so that after the Captain opens it up to a Q&A session we don't have sixty people looking at their toes or admiring the paint job on the ceiling.

If anyone remembers any good questions, I'd appreciate a list. We sail on 3 July, so the sooner the better...

Hi There

I would not worry, Captain senior crew have been to more meets than you as such they are all very good at talking

Eg captain will talk about the weather ahead ports, tendering etc

Hotel manager will tell you about how many tons of food you eat each day bottles of wine

Engineer about the cost of fuel, how a few knots head winds or rough seas adds thousands of dollars per mile

CD will give a sales pitch about all the great stuff lined up on your cruise to enjoy

I had around eight officers at our meet on the Ruby

Hi There

So long as Princess knows about your meet head office will have told the senior officers, however it is always a good idea to hand in invites

depending on number syou might want to have a mike so folks can hear what is being said

request to see the CD when you board and ask if they could bring along a ships programme, it tells you what movies are on MUTS, what the meal plan is for the cruise, what drills the ship will be doing, its fun to watch man over board training.

have a great cruise

yours Shogun

Hi There

I would not worry, Captain senior crew have been to more meets than you as such they are all very good at talking

Eg captain will talk about the weather ahead ports, tendering etc

Hotel manager will tell you about how many tons of food you eat each day bottles of wine

Engineer about the cost of fuel, how a few knots head winds or rough seas adds thousands of dollars per mile

CD will give a sales pitch about all the great stuff lined up on your cruise to enjoy

I had around eight officers at our meet on the Ruby

Now you're going to make them think this happens on every cruise. Ruby is unique since it has Capt. McCharming (Tony Yeomans) and he loves to talk and mingle.

Hi PIA

Tony is a very good at coming to meets and eight officers was the best turn out, but on all the ships were I have set up a meet and greet I have had atleast Hotel manager and Cruise Director attend

I think the best way to ensure some one turns up is to meet HGM or CD before hand and just talk to them.

yours Shogun

I sent email to Jenny Streek and about an hour later she told us that we have Skywalker's from 10 to 11am on 4 July, our first sea day on the week long cruise. We have about 40 people say they are interested, so I'm expecting about 20 or so. DW is about halfway through making the invitations, we did not buy pre-printed ones from Hallmark. I'll drop them off at the purser's desk when we board. I expect that they will either show up or not. No worries either way, they have a ship to run, and we understand that they put in an appearance if and only if they are able to do so.

We live in Seattle, and we have had grey skies and rain for the last couple of weeks. I am expecting the same thing for the Fourth of July weekend, it is typical for us. The Southeast Alaskan panhandle is temperate rain-forest after all. However, we are going to have a great time no matter how the weather turns out, or how many show up to the M&G. We insist. In four days, I Will Be On A Cruise Ship! :D

How about:

How do I get to deck 13?

The ship is 22' below the waterline and 100' above -- what keeps it right side up?

How does the suction get in the plumbing pipes?

Was there an actual Princess involved at some point?

Are we there yet?

Can I drive? (if not, how about shotgun?)

Good afternoon everyone. I set up the M&G on my sailing and have things pretty much nailed down. QUOTE]

Hi, I have a cruise coming up next month on the Sapphire Princess. This will be 1st time cruising on Princess (yea!). Can someone point me to info on how to set up a M&G. The roll call for my sailing is very small. Is there a minimum # of passengers required for the M&G?

Thanks!

Sue

Good afternoon everyone. I set up the M&G on my sailing and have things pretty much nailed down. QUOTE]

Hi, I have a cruise coming up next month on the Sapphire Princess. This will be 1st time cruising on Princess (yea!). Can someone point me to info on how to set up a M&G. The roll call for my sailing is very small. Is there a minimum # of passengers required for the M&G?

Thanks!

Sue

Good Morning Sue! You can look at my roll call and look at the questions that I am asking everyone. It is here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1363124

If no one has stepped up to the plate to point of contact for your roll call, put a posting that you are willing to do it. Find out how many people are interested. Then you need to email the Sapphire Princess contact:

Jenny Streeck

Sapphire

(661) 284-4444

jstreeck@princesscruises.com

I don't know how many people you actually need, but I contacted her when we hit 25 and within an hour she replied back to let me know we have Skywalkers reserved. Some people like to have a reminder card once on board, so I set up a disposable email account for people to email me off-list. I got five replies out of 40 people. Not many are trusting personal data to some guy on a message board who claims to have 15 years of IT experience and promises to keep the personal data private. Can't say as I blame them.

Email me off list, and I will send you wording for the crew invitations that putterdude gave to me, as well as any other questions you may have. This is my first M&G that I have attended, and my second cruise period. However, DW and I have planned other events, like weddings, corporate picnics/Christmas parties so an event of this size comes easy to us. We also host the family Christmas and Thanksgiving get-togethers and the neighborhood kids hang out at our house with our kids.

how about:

How do i get to deck 13? the elevator stops there on the night of the harvest moon.

the ship is 22' below the waterline and 100' above -- what keeps it right side up? if i told you, i'd have to kill you.

how does the suction get in the plumbing pipes? we buy it in 55 gallon drums, from the same people who supply the air force with prop wash.

was there an actual princess involved at some point? of course.

are we there yet? we're not, but you are, buddy! :splash:

can i drive? (if not, how about shotgun?)no. However, security has a shotgun and they're about ready to let you have it!

:d .

I wouldn't worry about what questions to ask. They probably have heard all the possible ones. If they're interested in talking' date=' they'll talk. If not, then they won't be interested in answering the usual questions that people will suggest.[/quote']

I'd like to trick (I mean suggest) that someone else at the M&G ask ldubs' questions, but I suspect how they would be answered...

Thanks!

Sue

I set up a small M&G through the roll call for about 20 on my last Fjords cruise, however I did not do anything through Princess - it was just not worth it for that small number. I just suggested a bar (on the Grand - Al Frescos, or Crooners if it was wet) and a time for the first sea day. Of the 20 not everyone turned up, but it was pretty close, I think about 16 did. We had a great time, the group really got on together very well and so for the whole cruise we were always having drinks, coffee, dinner etc when we bumped into each other.

A good M&G does not have to be done via Princess, it's all down to the participants.

A good M&G does not have to be done via Princess, it's all down to the participants.

I agree 100%. The only thing Princess has done for us is provide Skywalkers, a bartender for a no-host bar, and names of senior staff so that I can deliver invitations to the purser's desk after we board. The M&G will be what we, the passengers, make of it. I'm going enjoy myself even if none of the officers are able to attend.

One more thing: I'm getting on a Cruise Ship the Day After Tomorrow!!!

:D

Archived