Royal Caribbean Int'l fleet deployment guide: Summer of 2000 - Present

Howdy everyone! Just finished a project I have been working on for awhile, showing Royal Caribbean's fleet deployment throughout the years.

Example of this summer and winter:

2133459020105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

2625409020105476688S600x600Q85.jpg

I'll post the story of how and why I did this project later on for anyone who cares. A few things y'all will want to know:

_____

1) The quility is better on the Powerpoint in the below link than on the Webshots pictures above.

2) The city above each ship or group of ships is the primary port of departure for that / those ship(s) during that season.

3) Numbers to the left of each ship is the number of nights that ship cruises during that season. (Note: n/a stands for not availible; "0" is substituted for 10 nights; "1" is substituted for 11 nights; and "2" is substituted for 12 nights.)

4) Each class is color coded: Oasis Class is yellow, Freedom Class is green, Voyager Class is blue, Radiance Class is orange, Vision Class is purple, Sovereign class is light blue.

Click here for the Powerpoint.

Please let me know if there are any errors on my Powerpoint. There are some ships on the earliest slides that I'm not positive about. I made the earliest slides mostly from cruise reviews on the reviews section of CC (and Google when I couldn't find anything for that ship during that season), and that info was sketchy from time to time.

The asterisks next to the ships mean that they are different from the other ships in that class. Like Enchantment, which has been stretched unlike the other Vision class ships, or Navigator and Mariner, which are different than the other 3 Voyager Class ships.

Warning: Don’t read the following if you get bored easily or don’t have a lot of free time.

It started off a few months ago as a way for me to organize the fleet by region on Power Point and have a general idea of where the ships were located. Then I came across someone who had posted the itineraries for all the ships from their 2006 brochure (It's on this forum somewhere), and I got an idea - to make a slide for each season as far back as I could. So I filled in a few slides for the winter of 2005/2006, the summer of 2006, and the winter of 2006/2007. And I was able to go as far back the winter of 2008/2009 with my brochures. Only one problem - had a gap between 2007 and 2008.

Then I came across a Power Point while searching through Google only showing the deployment changes for 2007 and 2008 from 2006. So I copied everything from 2006 and pasted it onto the 2007 and 2008 slides, then only moved the ships that the Power Point said was being redeployed. I assumed there wasn’t any changes besides what was listed on that Power Point, and kept the rest of the fleet the same. So my Power Point was complete back to 2005/2006.

Then my Power Point was put on hold awhile as I was trying to figure out how to find the deployment for earlier years, since I couldn’t find anything else on Google. Then last week, I got an idea – to use the roll calls to find the deployment, where I figured I could find info as far back as 2004. But I soon gave up with the roll calls, as very few people put the departure port or length of there cruise on their threads, and everything was out of order. Then later that day, I had a duh moment – use the cruise reviews instead! And when I went back to the reviews section, I realized the reviews went further back than 2004 like posts here do. The reviews went as far back as the late 90’s! And, unlike roll calls, a lot more people put info about their departure port and cruise length. (And all reviews after 2003 have the departure port automatically listed.)

There was a problem, however. Reviews were few and far between in the early years. Sometimes, there would be a large gap and I couldn’t fill in a ship for a season. Other times, there would only be one or two reviews for a season, and none of them would say the departure port and/or cruise length. I guessed the length of some cruises by the number of ports (like if there were 5 ports on a Med cruise from Barcelona, I figured it was 7 nights), but I wasn’t able to figure out many. I got everything filled that I could, then had to think of something for the occasional missing ship. After spending a few hours looking through press releases, I had all but two ships for two different seasons filled in. On one, I assumed it was doing the same itinerary as the year before and after. On the other (Grandeur, summer 2002), I only was able to find out in that it would be staying in the US that summer instead of heading to Europe like it was supposed to due to 9/11, and in part of one sentence, said that it was heading to the west coast. Couldn’t back up that info anywhere else.

When I finished, I figured I would post it here instead of keeping it to myself. But it ended up being harder than I thought. I saved each slide as a picture and posted it up on Webshots, planning to post the pictures here. But Webshots quality turns out to be terrible, both when posting pictures on forums and when viewing pictures in slideshow mode. I thought about finding another picture website hoping others would be a better quality, but decided to figure out if I could upload Power Points. After all, I found a Power Point online while looking for more deployments. Turns out there are several sites you can upload Power Points on. After glancing at a few, I chose the site above (Slide Share) to upload my Power Point.

Please know that not everything above may be correct, especially in the early years due to the problems I talked about in the second to last paragraph. If you see any errors, please tell me. I’m starting on a Carnival version and may be posting it when I’m done. This concludes my review of this project. Glad y’all are enjoying this.

Archived