Great senior discounts offered on Med cruise

grayjay

I just found a huge price drop for a Med cruise on "Solstice", leaving Barcelona on November 4th, 2011. There are several categories discounted for seniors, for example C1/1A/SV and a lot of lovely suites.

I was already booked on that cruise, had to cancel and rebook and thus lost a few Euros deposit but I still saved about 700 $ by switching from C2 to 1A.

Might be interesting to check. The offer is valid both in Europe and in the US.

What a great price for a 12 day cruise, although the itinerary isn't that wonderful. ;)

We just returned from an 11 night Equinox sailing that cost three times that much for our 1A. Looking for another cruise, but it's too bad that we don't have a few extra days vacation left. Can't do over a 7 night. :( It would also be nice to find a reasonable flight back across the ocean.

Have a great cruise!

I just found a huge price drop for a Med cruise on "Solstice", leaving Barcelona on November 4th, 2011. There are several categories discounted for seniors, for example C1/1A/SV and a lot of lovely suites.

I was already booked on that cruise, had to cancel and rebook and thus lost a few Euros deposit but I still saved about 700 $ by switching from C2 to 1A.

Might be interesting to check. The offer is valid both in Europe and in the US.

I found a similar discount for Nov. 16th. In my case I upgraded from a 2B to a C2. Are you going to mind giving up the concierge cabin? I wanted the extra point for the captains club so was glad to see the special. Now we will have 3 points instead of 2 and will be Elite for future cruises:)

Where are you finding the "senior" discounts for the Solstice Med cruises? We're booked on the Nov. 16 cruise, and I can't find anyplace that has reduced rates. Maybe you could spell it out for me, puleez?

I have already learned that CruiseCritic forbids showing links to those travel agencies that show up open spaces as well as discounts.

But you can find them if you go to the Celebrity homepage, choose the cruise you want and begin the booking process. You are asked then if you are 55 and over, a military person etc. Tick the appropiate box and then the discounts appear on the next page.

to Traveldazed: I thought long and hard, because on the first cruises we took we were on the M-class ships and liked our C2-cabins . On the other hand, the balcony in our new 1A is just as big, being on the hump, the cabin is similar, just one deck down. I won't miss the extra Captain Club's credit because we'll be elite at the end of that cruise anyway ( if they don't change the tiers until then). So I chose the lower category and the extra pocket money which will buy and lot of champagne, flowers , excursions - the money will stay on the ship, but in a different shape...:D

I have already learned that CruiseCritic forbids showing links to those travel agencies that show up open spaces as well as discounts.

But you can find them if you go to the Celebrity homepage, choose the cruise you want and begin the booking process. You are asked then if you are 55 and over, a military person etc. Tick the appropiate box and then the discounts appear on the next page.

to Traveldazed: I thought long and hard, because on the first cruises we took we were on the M-class ships and liked our C2-cabins . On the other hand, the balcony in our new 1A is just as big, being on the hump, the cabin is similar, just one deck down. I won't miss the extra Captain Club's credit because we'll be elite at the end of that cruise anyway ( if they don't change the tiers until then). So I chose the lower category and the extra pocket money which will buy and lot of champagne, flowers , excursions - the money will stay on the ship, but in a different shape...:D

Good thinking:)

Archived