Promenade Cabin #2

We didn't lose anything in our promenade cabin on Explorer, we had the usual sofa plus an extra built in sofa type seat by the window overlooking the promenade. The only issue we had was that the gap under the connecting door lets more noise in and our neighbor's seasickness/coughing woke us up and made it hard to get to sleep. If you know the people in the connecting room I guess that wouldn't be an issue, but if not it is something to keep in mind. I have avoided booking connecting rooms ever since!

Does any one know what us lose in the prom cabin if you have connecting rooms. Is it the sofa?

You don't lose a thing. :) the connecting door is between the foot of the bed and the bathroom/closet.

We lost privacy. But just for a minute. The connecting door was wide open when we got to the cabin. We closed the door and waited for a housekeeping supervisor with a key. My husband took a nap while we waited, and all of a sudden the connecting door flew open and we heard a gasp. Our neighbors weren't as nice, patient, or courteous as we were - the supervisor was there with the key within five minutes. We later heard our neighbor berating the steward, "No visitors! No phone calls!", so I am assuming privacy was extremely important to them.

Archived