JazzSea - Maasdam - January Cruise

Cate M.

Just did a google and found out the JazzSea is advertising a group cruise on the same cruise my DH and I have booked.

We don't really care for jazz. Are we going to have to put up with jazz everywhere we go on board? We were on the Volendam with an Irish group and every night they had booked the crow's nest so we weren't allowed to go there for a quiet late evening drink. Didn't see fair for the group to monopolize certain areas.

Cate M.

These things do happen.

It has been years since we were on a ship with a large -- and they did take over the various lounges which made it difficult for the rest of us to use certain areas of the ship.

It was also hard getting reservations in the Specialty restaurant.

Just did a google and found out the JazzSea is advertising a group cruise on the same cruise my DH and I have booked.

We don't really care for jazz. Are we going to have to put up with jazz everywhere we go on board? We were on the Volendam with an Irish group and every night they had booked the crow's nest so we weren't allowed to go there for a quiet late evening drink. Didn't see fair for the group to monopolize certain areas.

Cate M.

Just wondering what date you are cruising the Maasdam since we also have a January cruise booked on her.Just checked and it's January 2nd. Our cruise leaves January 13th. I like jazz, but wouldn't want to be bombarded with it.

Not sure if it is the same jazz group but we have just had this experience on Volendam in Asia. It was a big group and they had two sessions a day. One was in the theatre and the other in the Crow's Nest. At the time I was hopping mad because we missed the sail out from Hong Kong - notices both sides of crow's nest stating private party. However, on discussing this with staff we were told that if we were already in the Crow's Nest before they put the signs out the party were quite happy for us to stay. So that is what we did. I happen to like jazz though DH not so keen. It sorted the Crow's Nest problem out but of course difficult if you do not like jazz.

It in no way affected the dining room. They did not block a seating.

We just returned from Maasdam yesterday on a b-to-b.

We learned during our first week aboard there would be a jazz group of 258 people boarding for the second week. That number out of 1250 guests (roughly) seemed a high number.

We knew they arrived, we saw their name tags :) but at no time in a solid week did they ever bother us at all. I think they played mostly in Crows Nest or used the show room at off hours. I think they also might have used Lido Pool at night.

All spots that were easily avoidable and we never once were inconvenienced by them in the slightest.

Archived