What is a trundle bed?

hutat

Booked the Jan.8 Carnival Victory cruise out of San Juan. My dw and I have already done this cruise in Feb.2010 and absolutely loved it. When bringing back the pictures our youngest daughter told us she wanted to go on the next one so now she is coming with us. When calling my PVP to book the cruise we told him if we could have the same room we had before which was 6214 and he said it was already taken so we decided on 6218 which is the next one. The problem is that it is a doubles only room but he could put us there anyway but with a trundle bed. I talked it over with my DW and DD and my DD said that as long as she was on a cruise she didn't mind. Now I'm worrying this may not have been a very good idea. Anybody ever been in a room with a trundle bed who could tell me how it went with them? Just curious. Thank you very much in advance.

They usually give you a rollaway which is a normal height bed.

A trundle bed is almost on the floor and rolls under the beds. uck... Im too old to sleep on the floor .. but at your daughters age, it would have been fine. Iv even taken covers in hotels and slept on the floor way back to avoid sleeping in the same bed as my sister.

The trundle bed we had was a lightweight metal frame with a mattress, made up like a regular bed. It was smaller than a twin size, in order to fit fully underneath the regular bed. Our trundle traveler was a 9yo boy and he thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. YMMV.

If your daughter is an averaged size adult she won't like it. They are short, narrow, have thin mattresses and the only ones we,ve ever gotten squeek every time you move. Oh yeah, and they are about 6 inches off the floor. We've never seen the cruise ship ones, they may be better, but the pictures I've seen on here, they look the same.

My daughter is 20yo,she's 5 feet tall and weighs 95 pounds(petite). I just showed her the picture of the bed and she just shrugged and said it'll be fine as long as she's on the ship. Gotta love her:o.

Can you request those even if you are in a room with one of the flip down from the wall beds? I am not putting my 3 yo in a bed that far off the ground... especially if it is one that comes down over the tops of our heads! OUCH.

Booked the Jan.8 Carnival Victory cruise out of San Juan. My dw and I have already done this cruise in Feb.2010 and absolutely loved it. When bringing back the pictures our youngest daughter told us she wanted to go on the next one so now she is coming with us. When calling my PVP to book the cruise we told him if we could have the same room we had before which was 6214 and he said it was already taken so we decided on 6218 which is the next one. The problem is that it is a doubles only room but he could put us there anyway but with a trundle bed. I talked it over with my DW and DD and my DD said that as long as she was on a cruise she didn't mind. Now I'm worrying this may not have been a very good idea. Anybody ever been in a room with a trundle bed who could tell me how it went with them? Just curious. Thank you very much in advance.

They will let a family of 3 book a room that is only for 2? I've been trying to upgrade our room but have been told they only have doubles left. Are the rooms for 3 larger or do they just have more beds? (like a trundle bed) The room we have now says it has a trundle bed which our son will not fit on.

They will let a family of 3 book a room that is only for 2? I've been trying to upgrade our room but have been told they only have doubles left. Are the rooms for 3 larger or do they just have more beds? (like a trundle bed) The room we have now says it has a trundle bed which our son will not fit on.

No, the cabin has to be rated for the number of people. If someone booked 3 into the cabin it was rated for 3 and 3 beds. Cabins for 3, or 4, or 5 are the same size as a cabin for 2.

Older ships with trundle beds also have rollaways, which if they have some left over, you can request. These, of course, will go to the cabins which have booked them and need them first. .. just depends on if they have some extra ones that cruise if you can get one.

the biggest issue is NO space in the cabin. I was reading a review from someone who took this cruise and had the bed, can't really utilize the couch. I did not want the rollaway/ trundle so booked a different room, still didn't realize though we're back to having an upper lol. but my one friend slept in it last time and had no problems. I just felt the couch would be better to sleep on. Apparently Victory doesnt have the sleep couchs at least that i found and on the upper deck, not even the next one up. oh well, we'll have a blast anyways. have a great cruise!!

I kinda like the way those look , they look much more comfortable than the Coffins we slept in or on in the Navy , and it looks like you do not have to put your boots under the edge of the Mattress to help keep you from falling out .

Might be a option if the wife will agree to sleep in seperate beds to save costs .. LOL

We were on the Elation in January of this year in V36 and our 22 year old 5'8,130lb daughter slept just great on her trundle bed. Like all of us, she was just happy to be there. We left the bed in place on the floor the entire trip and it wasn't in the way. We didn't spend that much time in the room anyway!!!!!!

Archived