Balcony cabins for 5 on Solstice

grayjay

When studying the deck plans I saw that some cabins offer accomodation for up to 5 people . I'm curious about the differences in the cabin itself. Is there a difference ( i.e. comfort), for example, between a regular sofa and one that is used as a bed? And what about the cot (??) for the fifth person?

Do these changes affect the space you have for yourself if only 2 persons book a cabin like that - at the moment we're booked into one of those cabins with the huge balcony but not sure if we made a mistake because we might stumble over beds etc. all over the cabin. We could still change to another, lower deck into a cabin with no extra beds.

Photos and explanations would be welcome.

The Family Verandah cabins are fantastic, they have a spacious lounge area, a seperate bedroom with a master bed, and another small bunk bedroom, we did not use the sofa bed, but have done on other ships and it was fine for kids, would highly recommend the FV cabins, the size puts them equal to a Royal Suite so its fantastic value for money! They are much sought after - we loved ours!!

I didn't even know you were allowed to book 5 people into a standard cabin. I thought the FV cabins were the only ones allowed for that.

I'm kind of confused by your question. How many people are you sailing with and do you actually already have a booking for 5? Or are you just looking for a more spacious cabin for 2 people?

Don't worry.

Assuming you are talking about the 1A's with extra large balcony, there is no difference from the other non-suite balcony cabins. The extra beds are the sofa, a trundle bed that pulls out plus a Pullman bed that drops from the ceiling. The regular bed(s) in these rooms are near the bathroom.

If those are not in use, you'd never know. If they are in use, you have to walk across the Pullman bed to reach the balcony!

Thank you for your answers! I'm afraid my explanation was a bit long-winded - too early for understandable English... :D

Yes, I did mean a 1A cabin ( 9270) and I chose it because of the huge balcony. And then I started worrying - as usual :rolleyes: - because I wasn't sure about the space the trundle bed etc. might use up. ( By the way, if the trundle disappears under the bed - what about your suitcases, then????)

So I'm happy to read it won't bother us.

Sorry, Annette and Henry, can't really answer your question - but I can imagine there might be enough room for a family. But I'm sure there are others who can.

Thank you for your answers! I'm afraid my explanation was a bit long-winded - too early for understandable English... :D

Yes, I did mean a 1A cabin ( 9270) and I chose it because of the huge balcony. And then I started worrying - as usual :rolleyes: - because I wasn't sure about the space the trundle bed etc. might use up. ( By the way, if the trundle disappears under the bed - what about your suitcases, then????)

So I'm happy to read it won't bother us.

Sorry, Annette and Henry, can't really answer your question - but I can imagine there might be enough room for a family. But I'm sure there are others who can.

9270 was our cabin on Solstice. The trundle goes under the sofa bed, plenty of room under the regular beds for suitcases.

Enjoy! We have 9270 booked on Eclipse in 2013.

We had a CC on Equinox with our 14 month old son in December and it was tight with just the three of us. I really could not imagine putting 5 in a regular cabin, which is why I asked. I can't even imagine 4, honestly.

They won't book 5 people in a regular cabin even if it is denoted as a 5 person configuration (with the trundle and drop down Pullman bed). Those rooms have the triangle and square on the deck plans but only allow for a max of 4 people.

You would have to go with the FV room to sleep 5. .

They won't book 5 people in a regular cabin even if it is denoted as a 5 person configuration (with the trundle and drop down Pullman bed). Those rooms have the triangle and square on the deck plans but only allow for a max of 4 people.

You would have to go with the FV room to sleep 5. .

Howdy, where are located in Va? My old stomping grounds were in Fairfax County; and, in the old days, when I was much younger, I did a fair amount of deer hunting in the southern and soutwest portion of that great Commonwealth.

Howdy, where are located in Va? My old stomping grounds were in Fairfax County; and, in the old days, when I was much younger, I did a fair amount of deer hunting in the southern and soutwest portion of that great Commonwealth.

We're in Cheaspeake which is close to Virginia Beach. I do volunteer diving in the shark tank at the aquarium.

Chesapeake used to be very rural when I moved down here from WI in 1992. Now it's grown a lot. Still have fox and deer. But after growing up in Wisconsin, the deer here look like dogs to me :). Quite a bit smaller!

We're in Cheaspeake which is close to Virginia Beach. I do volunteer diving in the shark tank at the aquarium.

Chesapeake used to be very rural when I moved down here from WI in 1992. Now it's grown a lot. Still have fox and deer. But after growing up in Wisconsin, the deer here look like dogs to me :). Quite a bit smaller!

My middle son is is Va. Beach; and, in years gone by, I have spent a plethora of time there. The Va deer are much larger than those in Fl, where we now reside; hence, I do not deer hunt here. However, my Va. experiences were that the white tails were a fairly good size. My largest was 162 field dressed, whereas the rest that I killed over the years averaged between 125-150. I suppose that you have a plethora of mule deer which are inimical to the Va. area, except in rare circumstances. I understand from hunting friends that the mule deer are not good as table fare due to their diet.

Archived